cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one 1.5% cash back- No Annual fee Master card now???

tag
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital one 1.5% cash back- No Annual fee Master card now???

@nishant1 wrote:

Thanks. This BoA card is not public with 1.5% cash back on everything. May be for those who have checking account with BoA.

Can you please clarify

1) Whether it is visa or mastercard?

2) Do you always pay full and never carry balance

or

Do you pay any monthly fees to checking account or free checking account?

You do get one and a half point per every $ spent, it does not matter do you got their CHK or not. It is a Visa Signature, but you can try to req. Change of payment network to MC after you get approved

I always pay in full that is the only way you can maximize your rewards, you want a small amount of balance to show occasionally  but only the current balance between 1-9%, never pay interest that does NOT build your credit

3. My checking is free, I got several accounts, there are ways to avoid monthy fees , like i said, if you deposit 25$ worth of points info checking, you get 10% extra= 27.50$

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 22
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital one 1.5% cash back- No Annual fee Master card now???

> 1) Whether it is visa or mastercard?

> 2) Do you always pay full and never carry balance / or Do you pay any monthly fees to checking account or fee checking account?

It is a visa like I stated earlier. It is not a visa signature since I was approved originally for $2500.

I always pay in full. It is counter intuitive to pay for a rewards card, especially something low like 1.5%

I don't even have a checking account with BOA. This was my first major credit card - previously I had been an AU since 2004 on a parent's card, and I also opened a Target card in 2010. I got this card in fall 2011. I'm not sure how they targeted me.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.