Regular Contributor
thebostonredsox

Capital one APR

I called the backdoor number over at Cap One today to inquire about a CLI. I just had luck with HSBC today and I have not received a CLI from Cap One since July. Needless to say, they would not give me a CLI and told me to try again in 3 months. A little frustrating since I have had this card since 2001 and the CL is only at $1200. My APR has always been at 15.9%, which is much higher than my other cards now so I figured I'd try my luck at an APR reduction. The CSR was very pleasant and said she would take a look at my rate. A few seconds later she said that my rate was too high, and she would immediately reduce it to 11.9%. Not bad by today's standards (not as good as my JUNI M/C which is 7.9% though). I then asked for my annual fee to be eliminated. Capital One is the only card I have now that charges me an AF.

She immediately responded with "Sure, we can get rid of that fee". So although I did not receive a CLI, I still managed to get my APR reduced and annual fee eliminated. Not bad!!

Valued Contributor
debtisgood

Re: Capital one APR

Congrats on the progress!

With most creditors, 3 to 4 months is a little too soon to ask for a CLI even if they are short changing in you in the first place. I recommend 6 months starting out, and 6-12 months if you have had a card for quite awhile and already have a high credit line.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+