cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Back door Number (Hope I put this in the righ Forum this time)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one Back door Number (Hope I put this in the righ Forum this time)

I tried calling the Capital1 back door numbers listed in the "Back door" thread, but it was no different than calling the number on the back of my CC, I was flat out denied for a CLI, I was wondering if anyone has a back door number that actually works?

I've had my Cap1 card now for 9 months, I make at the very least 2 payments a month never been late never been above 65% util (500 CL) now. I keep a small balance on it until they report just to help keep my util at around 1-9% and then PIF. I was first approved for 300, and I was in the Credit Steps program and after my 3rd statement my CL was increased to 500, and after I read the Back door thread it seems as using the numbers provided, everyone had great success in getting CLI's.

I'm guessing Cap1 either got wise to this and put a stop to it or the numbers listed in that thread are no longer the correct numbers to call.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one Back door Number (Hope I put this in the righ Forum this time)

Nope, that's not the case.  Reading the "Credit Cards" forum or doing a search for "Capital One CLI" in the upper-right below the Community tab would have revealed to you that Capital One no longer accepts customer-initiated CLI requests.  It's been this way since last year.

Message 2 of 7
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I sent a secure message over their site about a CLI and they gave me a number to call to inquire about the CLI, it stated that they would ask me a few questions to determine weather or not to give it to me...I'll keep this thread posted...

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 3 of 7
Scamp
Valued Contributor

@cflinkman wrote:

I sent a secure message over their site about a CLI and they gave me a number to call to inquire about the CLI, it stated that they would ask me a few questions to determine weather or not to give it to me...I'll keep this thread posted...

Good luck!  Definitely let us know the outcome, and if you'd please PM that number, I can add it to the Backdoor Numbers Thread.  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cflinkman wrote:

That would be awesome if you could let us know the outcome. I would really like a higher CL (500) is just not very much at all, I could cancel the card and apply for another card now that my scores are near 700 and probably get approved for a higher CL, but I do not want any new accts or hard inquiries on my reports.

My father just added me as an authorized user on his Amex Optima opened in 1984 and with a 16,000 CL which appeared on my FreeCreditReport.com Experian report today, it increased my AAoA from 3.9 years to 7.8 years and also raised my Experian Plus Score by 22 points. I now have 18,150 avail credit and a 2% util at this time.

I called EX and TU today and that Amex card is not listed on those reports yet, I also called Amex today and they said their reporting cycle ends on the 20th so I should see the Amex card listed on those two reports then, I'm excited to see the AAoA history and the score increase.

Well, I kinda went off the subject there, sorry about that.

Looking forward to hearing the outcome on your CLI request cflinkman.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried the back door number for Orchard Bank and I was told that at this time the company is not approving any CLI at this time, maybe in the future they will do so. In July I will have become an member for 1 year, maybe I have to wait till then....

Message 6 of 7
mocha82
Regular Contributor

Call 1.800.707.0489  This number takes you directly to a Sr. Account Manager.

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried calling the Capital1 back door numbers listed in the "Back door" thread, but it was no different than calling the number on the back of my CC, I was flat out denied for a CLI, I was wondering if anyone has a back door number that actually works?

I've had my Cap1 card now for 9 months, I make at the very least 2 payments a month never been late never been above 65% util (500 CL) now. I keep a small balance on it until they report just to help keep my util at around 1-9% and then PIF. I was first approved for 300, and I was in the Credit Steps program and after my 3rd statement my CL was increased to 500, and after I read the Back door thread it seems as using the numbers provided, everyone had great success in getting CLI's.

I'm guessing Cap1 either got wise to this and put a stop to it or the numbers listed in that thread are no longer the correct numbers to call.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.