Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Close of cycle..help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one Close of cycle..help?

So i spoke to an extremely awesomely kind customer service rep but i didnt quite understand what he meant.

Heres what he told me.

Since the card was appd on the 17th of July. heres what im looking at.

1st Statement date is August 15th. "due and payable between" August 16th-september 13th

and to call on august 17th if i want to change my cycle end to the 28th (i requested this)

im a little confused....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one Close of cycle..help?

I don't understand what the last part was for? Did you ask to change it? That seems like extra totally unrelated info. 

If you're statement generates on the 15th, that's the day it Will report to the bureau's, about three days later it should show up on your reports. Your due date is probably between the 12th and 15th every month, though I'm assuming it's the 13th based on the csr statement. 

What is your original question?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i asked to change it...i dunno, its hard to ask the question im confused about because the guy went all off on 30 days this 24 days that, 18 days this and 7 days since i was approved somethign something....it was a very confusing conversation, and didnt seem to understand what i meant when i asked "when does my statement generate". until he finally told me all those dates. 

I guess what i was asking is,

Based on that, its generating on the 15th, due on the 13th, and AFTER that when I change it to the 28th for generating, will that take effect immediately or what?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd assume, once this payment due date happens, you'll probably have a double statement? Cap one could answer this I suppose. 'Put the statement change in now....when will it happen?' Is all you're asking. It could be two full statements. Difficult to answer question for us

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed a statement due date with them. You can do that on line. Just wait until you pay your 1st bill. Don't try to change it until after the 1st statement closes.

The 22nd of the month was the last due date option given when I did it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The following month after you change the date it will take effect. Probably October will be your new chosen due date.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my QS1 in May, and the original closing date was the 25th, and due on the 22nd. I wanted to change it so that it was opposite my other cards that are all mid month due dates because I get paid on the 15th and 30th. Cap1 cannot change your due date until after the first billing cycle. After my first statement, I requested the change to the 2nd for my new due date. On my next statement, at the very bottom, there was a message that my account would have a new date as requested, and that my new statement would be cut on the 5th. This month, I have not received a statement, and my billing cycle will include more days than normal for the change to occur. My statement would have cut a few days ago. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.