Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one EO - loves to say no?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Capital one EO - loves to say no?

I have a capital one Quicksilver card with a $3000 limit. I was looking to increase the limit just up to $5k, because I would love to make it my main general spending card (I have a DC but prefer the way the rewards work on the QS) but it's hard with only $3k as I don't want my util to be super high.

I've tried several of the backdoor numbers on the sticky thread, and every rep simply says no, no no, because the account isn't 6 months old. I asked to speak to someone higher up and the answer is still no. They don't even offer to look into it or see what they can do manually, NOTHING, just a no and goodbye.

I'm totally fine with waiting the 6 months, but is this typical with their EO? Should I be emailing instead? Most lenders I've dealt with, once you get to the EO, they at least make an attempt to solve your issue. Capital one claims there's nothing they can do before 6 months and a CLI has to go through their automated system. Someone has to be controlling that automated system, so it makes no sense to me.

Does anyone know if there's a better number or email to call for them? I find it hard to believe that they care so little about customers that they aren't even willing to look into things. While I realize I am just an account number to them, it is still strange that they don't even attempt looking into things.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital one EO - loves to say no?

You should email the EO (they prefer that to cold calling) and they will call you back.   But it may be that the 6 month rule is baked in to the system.

Even though there are X-million threads giving info on how to find the email address, I will add one more:

Google "Capital One CEO email", and look at say the GetHuman result (which is first for me)

Message 2 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Send them a message on facebook, they'll take your phone # and the EO will call you in a few days. Might be a bit longer since christmas and new years is coming up, but yeah. 

How old is your account? 

Message 3 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Thanks! I'll try that. It's only 2 months old.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with their EO was lackluster. Guy that I talked to from there was snobby and kind of rude.

Message 5 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience with their EO was lackluster. Guy that I talked to from there was snobby and kind of rude.

Same here. Denied me a CLI after like 2.5 years, kept using credit reports from 3-4 months prior, even with a "manual review" 

Message 6 of 16
Involver
Valued Contributor

The EO at Capital One is not a magic button to your credit desires.

If people continue to treat them as such, the option to contact them is probably going to go away, or at best be much more limited.

Message 7 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They probably should give you an option to do a SP (being using a Credit report for 3-5 months old) or a HP for a CLI.. Honestly I am very sick of them using very old reports...   If they did this, alot of the EO route manual reviews would not be needed.. I probably wouldn't take the HP route of my suggestion, but it is really frustrating they use old information just for a reason of a denial.. They have more current reports.  My favorite excuse of there is not using enough of your available credit limit that they tack on to most of there reasons as well.. Sorry if I am smartest enough not to run all my transaction through you Cap1 to never get an increase and also I like to keep my utiliation in check as well.  Just my 2 cents.

Message 8 of 16
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I have a capital one Quicksilver card with a $3000 limit. I was looking to increase the limit just up to $5k, because I would love to make it my main general spending card (I have a DC but prefer the way the rewards work on the QS) but it's hard with only $3k as I don't want my util to be super high.

I've tried several of the backdoor numbers on the sticky thread, and every rep simply says no, no no, because the account isn't 6 months old. I asked to speak to someone higher up and the answer is still no. They don't even offer to look into it or see what they can do manually, NOTHING, just a no and goodbye.

I'm totally fine with waiting the 6 months, but is this typical with their EO? Should I be emailing instead? Most lenders I've dealt with, once you get to the EO, they at least make an attempt to solve your issue. Capital one claims there's nothing they can do before 6 months and a CLI has to go through their automated system. Someone has to be controlling that automated system, so it makes no sense to me.

Does anyone know if there's a better number or email to call for them? I find it hard to believe that they care so little about customers that they aren't even willing to look into things. While I realize I am just an account number to them, it is still strange that they don't even attempt looking into things.

It seems you exhausted all avenues and they are standing firm.  When you say it's strange that they don't even look into things, are you trying to get them to look at your spending on the card?  Are you constantly reaching the 3k and having to pay multiple times per month?  Is there a high balance on the card already?  Honestly, I am not sure why the QS is the crux for you looking at your other cards/limits in your sig.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 9 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Thanks! I'll try that. It's only 2 months old.

They seem to be strict on that 6 month rule.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.