Did you mean: 

Capital one Figuring out Posting Payments and Holds Chat session

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one Figuring out Posting Payments and Holds Chat session

For anyone having the hold issue with CrapOne's credit cards:

1-800-707-0489 (Sr. Acct. Esc.)

Call this number and let them know your tired of it and they will situate it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 20
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

To be honest I'd rather just lose this company and close the account and never look back (unless I have to). I'm tired of dealing with "Peggy" when I call them, and all the lies they give you for excuses on why they have so many problems that other companies don't. I'm tired of never getting a CLI, and their lousy CS. I'm just flat out tired of them, and I have better, so why bother with them. Bye Bye Peggy, you call me back sometime when you have a CLI to talk about...I KNOW I'll never hear back from you that way...

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 12 of 20
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

If you want to have the best possible FICO score then pay them well in advance of the payment due date all but 1 to 5% at MOST of your balance, leave that small amount on until after your statement posts, THEN immediately pay the remainder.....

Thats crazy cause I did that ones "well not really" Newbie with C1 so I paid my very first C1 bill in full WAY before my due date after that and I spoke to some guy on the chat box and asked him whats the date do I have to wait to use my card again dumb buck told me the 11th so i on the 12th I spent some money but it was saying i was pass due so i called them and come to find out that the guy gave me wrong date I payed it off right away so after that I get an update on my TU score it actually dropped my TU score I had to straighten that out quick so i called C1 back and begged her to fix it at that time talking to her she said I was never pass due..?? she had me confused, so now I pay in FULL everytime..

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 13 of 20
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I have Capital One and HSBC and they have done it to my before, although these days it does not happen that often. Few things I like to point out;

1) If you have a $1000 limit and make $950 payment that gets put on hold, your balance is going to be $50 which is the key for reporting, however Available Credit will still be $0 due to hold.

2) I push all my payments through with my bank, rather than have them pull it. It takes 1 day longer than usual, however there is no payment hold as the banks gives them the money and not you asking Capital One to pull the money. Since I started Pushing the money to all my cards....never had a problem with payment hold.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 14 of 20
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Once your scores bounce up and you've got a prime account, lose these suckers.  They serve a purpose and once that purpose is served, their customer service alone hould be reason enough to ditch them. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 15 of 20
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if anyone is aware, but this thread was origionally from Jan of this year. Though not totally from the graveyard, I'm sure OP won't be checking any time soon...

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 16 of 20
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Oh well

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 17 of 20
Schadenfreude
Established Member

@MarcinXP wrote:

I have Capital One and HSBC and they have done it to my before, although these days it does not happen that often. Few things I like to point out;

1) If you have a $1000 limit and make $950 payment that gets put on hold, your balance is going to be $50 which is the key for reporting, however Available Credit will still be $0 due to hold.

2) I push all my payments through with my bank, rather than have them pull it. It takes 1 day longer than usual, however there is no payment hold as the banks gives them the money and not you asking Capital One to pull the money. Since I started Pushing the money to all my cards....never had a problem with payment hold.

What do you mean by pushing all the payments thru with your bank? You referring to using your bank's online billpay?

Message 18 of 20
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

To most of the posters on this thread if you are trying to bring utilization down for a given time period, pay the card and forget about it, trying to do the dance of when the balance will be reported and charging immediately after will bite you in the a**. If you are trying to do that trick, just wait to charge anything until after you have apped for whatever it is you were going for.

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 19 of 20
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Schadenfreude wrote:

@MarcinXP wrote:

What do you mean by pushing all the payments thru with your bank? You referring to using your bank's online billpay?

Yes - 

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.