cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one How many cards can you have?

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital one How many cards can you have?

@bichonmom wrote:

They only allow 2 Cap Ones, not including the co-branded cards. Their CS reps are notorious for giving erroneous information. If you have 2 psnl cards with them and app for a 3rd, they will reportedly deny your app and not do any HP.

So to get a venture I would need to close one of my cash rewards cards correct? I have 2 cash reward cards and 1 sony card

Message 11 of 34
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Why don't they let you merge the two cards together? I have two accounts with them, but I don't wanna manage two accounts for measly credit lines of $750 & $500. It's not like their exposure would change or anything. Ugh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 12 of 34
UpNComing
Established Contributor

I already have the Platinum MC, just got the Green Cash and Kohls.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 13 of 34
Moes
Valued Member

I have the cash rewards and platinum cards. I went on their site to see if I prequalified for another card but only the two I have came up. I decided to apply for their MTV visa since I need a visa. Instantly approved for $1000, now I can shred my orchard bank card which is stuck at $300!

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Store (including cobranded) are generally not included in these arbitrary counts.   The stores would not allow the bank to deny credit to a good customer because they have another account.  

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, like I posted earlier, I had 3 accounts with Capital One up until 3 weeks ago.  I had a No Hassle Rewards Platinum, MTV, and Cash Rewards. I'm not sure where this supposed 2 card limit is coming from.

Message 16 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Again, like I posted earlier, I had 3 accounts with Capital One up until 3 weeks ago.  I had a No Hassle Rewards Platinum, MTV, and Cash Rewards. I'm not sure where this supposed 2 card limit is coming from.

The MTV does not count in the 2 card limit.  It is a cobranded store card.

Message 17 of 34
dmbtay
Regular Contributor

we have a world mastercard + a venture card + 2 other random cards which they refuse to merge and have not been used in years.

Message 18 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@dmbtay wrote:

we have a world mastercard + a venture card + 2 other random cards which they refuse to merge and have not been used in years.

What's a random card.    Pick them from a big deck of CC? 

Message 19 of 34
dmbtay
Regular Contributor

honestly i don't even know what it is, cash rewards maybe?  I've had them both since 2004, never changed the limit and never merged them.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.