cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one - How many cards can you have? Can you consolidate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one - How many cards can you have? Can you consolidate?

I have 3 cards from Capital One, but I do have to say the first card I got was from HSBC , it was for $300.00. after that I have opened two more cards which were from Capital one and each one was for $500.00 and had no annual fee.  Capiatl one has taken over HSBC now, so that is how I came up with 3 cards from Capiatl one.  Recently the card I recently obtained from HSBC and had only a $300.00 limit, I thought I deserved a credit increase on that one, because I have never missed a payment in around 3 years or so.

I requested a $200.00 increase and to my amazement they gave me a $2,000.00 limit which brings the limit on that card to $2,300.00.  I could ne believe it. But on all 3 accounts I have with them, I have never missed a payment on any of the accounts.  I was wondering if I would be able to consolidate all 3 of these cards into just one card and lower the payment total of all 3 to just one payment. That would make it easier for me to do. I currently pay $25.00 a momth on each of the 3. My credit score is about 640 but I haven't seen the change since I got that rather large increase on the one. Would it be possible to get all 3 cards together on one card with maybe a lower payment?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital one How many cards can you have?

2 is not the max you can have I have 3 capital one cards. One being Capital One Platinum 1.8k then Capital One QS 300 and I just got Capital One Journeys 1.5k they can let you have more than 3 according to the EO.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 2 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Old thread from 2012....

Message 3 of 39
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

i have 4.

2 is NOT the limit.

all 4 are activate and opened in 2014.

2 are Quicksilver One $6500 total

1 is Venture One $3500

1 is Sony $1000

all 3 of the non-Sony cards pay 1.5% cash back including the VentureOne!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering this also. I currently have a CapOne Plat, and CapOne quicksilver (non visa signature). I wanted to app for the venture in the hopes of getting a good limit. Also I've seen a lot of people say that they would PC to the quicksilver after they've had the venture for a year. My question is when you PC will the only that change is the product and not the limit?
Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 cap one personal cards... and two are relatively new. 

So I'm gonna go ahead and say they allow at least 3. Because I have 3. And they all work.

Message 6 of 39
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

i have 4 unbranded:

Nov. '14

Prestige Plat $3K

QS1 $2K

Feb. '15

QS Sig $5K

Venture1 $7.5K

Don't know if they have a maximum # but, you can definitely have 4 personal cards

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 7 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I just gonna set everyone straight here. I have THREE cap one cards.... QS1 MasterCard, and yesterday I was approved back to back( hours apart) for the Venture and QS Visa Siggy. Received confirmation emails already.

I have nothing else backed back by them... Closed my Kohls last year, and they were burned in my BK in 2013.

I've heard 5 is the limit, but who knows.
Message 8 of 39
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I just gonna set everyone straight here. I have THREE cap one cards.... QS1 MasterCard, and yesterday I was approved back to back( hours apart) for the Venture and QS Visa Siggy. Received confirmation emails already.

I have nothing else backed back by them... Closed my Kohls last year, and they were burned in my BK in 2013.

I've heard 5 is the limit, but who knows.
It isn't entirely clear if Cap1 segragrates the "steps" cards apart from their entire lineup, I have read they do, as they do their business cards. Which is why I included my CLs cuz I don't BELIEVE any of my cards are "steps" cards.
That being said, I'm not particularly surprised by 5, maybe even 6. They certainly have unusual analytics. Then again, don't ALL the lenders???Smiley Surprised

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 9 of 39
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I had 5 qs1 cards that transitioned fm HSBC/orchard bank until a few weeks ago when I closed 2 of 'em.  All had AF with crappy CLI's......I closed 2 of the cards and got one of the remaining upgraded to a Venture One.....will close the other 2 if they are not able to upgrade to a no AF card when their anniversary rolls around.  Had hoped that closing the 2 cards might pave the way for a high limit Cap 1 card.  No dice even with the current Ventrure rage.  

When I have asked Cap 1 about the number of cards you could have. the canned response was "you can have multiple cards"......never got one to committ to  number you can have.  Who knows and who cares.  If you like Cap 1 get......get all their cards, if you don't ....leave 'em alone.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.