Senior Contributor
john398

Re: Capital one How many cards can you have?

bichonmom wrote:

They only allow 2 Cap Ones, not including the co-branded cards. Their CS reps are notorious for giving erroneous information. If you have 2 psnl cards with them and app for a 3rd, they will reportedly deny your app and not do any HP.

So to get a venture I would need to close one of my cash rewards cards correct? I have 2 cash reward cards and 1 sony card

Regular Contributor
getmycreditright

Why don't they let you merge the two cards together? I have two accounts with them, but I don't wanna manage two accounts for measly credit lines of $750 & $500. It's not like their exposure would change or anything. Ugh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Established Contributor
UpNComing

I already have the Platinum MC, just got the Green Cash and Kohls.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Valued Member
Moes

[ Edited ]

I have the cash rewards and platinum cards. I went on their site to see if I prequalified for another card but only the two I have came up. I decided to apply for their MTV visa since I need a visa. Instantly approved for $1000, now I can shred my orchard bank card which is stuck at $300!

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Store (including cobranded) are generally not included in these arbitrary counts.   The stores would not allow the bank to deny credit to a good customer because they have another account.  

Frequent Contributor
rbh

Again, like I posted earlier, I had 3 accounts with Capital One up until 3 weeks ago.  I had a No Hassle Rewards Platinum, MTV, and Cash Rewards. I'm not sure where this supposed 2 card limit is coming from.

AMEX Blue Cash - $15k, Lowes/GECRB - $10K, PNC - $10K, CIti Diamond Preferred - $10K, Home Depot/Citi - $7590, Best Buy Store/HSBC - $7400, Citi Platinum Select - $7150, Best Buy RZMC/HSBC - $5750, Dillards/GECRB - $4350, Discover More - $3600, Cap 1 Cash Rewards - $3000, Amex HHonors - $2000, State Farm - $2000, Cap 1 MTV - $1500
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

rbh wrote:

Again, like I posted earlier, I had 3 accounts with Capital One up until 3 weeks ago.  I had a No Hassle Rewards Platinum, MTV, and Cash Rewards. I'm not sure where this supposed 2 card limit is coming from.

The MTV does not count in the 2 card limit.  It is a cobranded store card.

Regular Contributor
dmbtay

we have a world mastercard + a venture card + 2 other random cards which they refuse to merge and have not been used in years.

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

dmbtay wrote:

we have a world mastercard + a venture card + 2 other random cards which they refuse to merge and have not been used in years.

What's a random card.    Pick them from a big deck of CC? 

Regular Contributor
dmbtay

honestly i don't even know what it is, cash rewards maybe?  I've had them both since 2004, never changed the limit and never merged them.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}