cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one How many cards can you have?

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one How many cards can you have?

i've said it many times already... i work for capital one. the limit is 2. the end >_>

Co-branded cards don't count towards the limit, nor do business cards.. the cards directly from capital one, you can only have two. i would like someone who has 2 to apply for a 3rd and see the letter they get in the mail.

It'll specifically say that the limit of 2 cards has been reached.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 capital one platinum cards. For about 10 years. Maybe the limit 2 policy is new? Or I am an exception?
Message 22 of 34
Juan123
Established Contributor

Im not sure how long its been but there are always exceptions.... Like if you were converted
from chevy chase or north fork bank. Or if your an authorized user... And a few others

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Long way to go ^_^
Message 23 of 34
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

juan123 i have sent you a private message.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm....these are my 3 cards (not AU), and have always been cap 1 cards. Maybe my cards predate this policy...
Message 25 of 34
wamcon
Valued Member

Juan123 that works for Capital One - I've read here on this forum that Capital One does not PC credit cards to better cards once scores go up and positive credit is established.  There are not client initiated credit limit increases with Capital One. Finally, if two is the max then those that have rebuilt their credit must close one of their earlier "credit steps" Capital One cards then apply for a better card otherwise they will be denied for already having two cards.  Do I have that correct?

Starting Score: 552 Nov 2010
Current Score: 681 Mar 20113
Goal Score: 720

Message 26 of 34
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@wamcon wrote:

Juan123 that works for Capital One - I've read here on this forum that Capital One does not PC credit cards to better cards once scores go up and positive credit is established.  There are not client initiated credit limit increases with Capital One. Finally, if two is the max then those that have rebuilt their credit must close one of their earlier "credit steps" Capital One cards then apply for a better card otherwise they will be denied for already having two cards.  Do I have that correct?

I'm not Juan, but basically what you have written is correct. There are exceptions. I have read a post where someone did manage to PC what I believe was a rebuilder, but who knows if that was accurate or if they were just a rare exception. If you're ready to go beyond rebuilders, I would look at other CCCs besides Cap One. Then, if you have your heart set on another Cap One, you could close one of your rebuilders and apply for a different Cap One.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 27 of 34
annalog

2 is the limit with CapOne apparantly.

TW=825, CB=819, TU=946
Message 28 of 34
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

I have two cap1 cards and it's two too many lol.

You and me both! Hahaha.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 29 of 34
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@daisydvm wrote:

Another post that shows the Capital One customer service reps dont have a clue what is going on. Or they like to say whatever they like.

I agree with the OP. Since your scores are better, I won't take 3 HPs for another Capital One card. Go venture elsewhere!!!

Nice pun. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.