Did you mean: 

Capital one PC to Quicksilver card via Facebook

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one PC to Quicksilver card via Facebook

@kroberts67 wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

that is cool BUT if you PC you lose your anniversary bonus, from the green cash rewards card, no?

I PC'ed mine to QS on Friday through FB and yesterday I had my accrued 50% rewards ready to credit my account (my anniv date is this Oct.  So you don't lose it, they just transfer what you have so far over to your account immediately.  

SWEET Kroberts67 Thanks for the clarification! congrats on your PC!

Message 11 of 22
Thammer
New Contributor

Glad to hear it's still working for some folks. Sorry that some of you weren't able to do it. I was surprised honestly because when I asked on the Capital One chat service and over the phone I was constantly told I had no offers. I think the diffence with asking via Facebook or Twitter is that you're getting somebody in the EO and they're much more likely to help you or "overide" what the normal CSR might tell you. I just checked online and my account has already been converted online and I was told I can still use the current card until the Quicksilver comes in.

Message 12 of 22
determinedchick
New Contributor

How are you able to discuss your accounts via Facebook?  Im lost....please help, thanks

2/18/15 via Discover's FICO 649
3/11/15 via Walmart's FICO 692
Cap One Platinum $2250 Discover $700 VS $2350 Belk $700 Care Credit $6,200-co-app w/ husband Walmart $650 Cap One $2250 Plat Prestige $1,000 Chase Freedom $7000 AmEx $1500
Message 13 of 22
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@determinedchick wrote:

How are you able to discuss your accounts via Facebook?  Im lost....please help, thanks

Acct info is not discussed on FB or PM'ing. When some1 for Cap1 respondes back to your PM, your only asked for a direct contact #, best time to call & zip code. Then once you receive a direct call from Cap1, then and only then is personal info exchanged. I tired to PC my Cash Rewards Green CC via the phone CSR, no luck on multiple occassion, tired FB just once, and presto instant positive results to PC to QuickSilver

Message 14 of 22
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys. I contacted Cap1 via fB chat yesterday, today the rep called me back and upgraded both of my Cap1 cards (Platinum MC- no rewards and Journey Visa- 1.25% cash back) to Quicksilver!! Very quick and painless. I did ask for a CLI and she suggested I request it online...and if I am declined, then to try again in 6 months....LOL. I am happy with 2 Quicksilvers, I will miss the additional 25% rewards bonus from my journey card, but I am still happy!!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 22
ms3270
Established Member

When you upgraded to the Quicksilver did they try to offer you the QuicksilverOne first. The Quicksilver ones an annual fee.

Message 16 of 22
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@ms3270 wrote:

When you upgraded to the Quicksilver did they try to offer you the QuicksilverOne first. The Quicksilver ones an annual fee.

I thought she said I wouldn't have an annual fee for either one, but I will wait to see what its all about when I receive the documentation....she said it would take 7-10 days to get the new cards, but my accounts would be updated within a few days. I will update this thread when I find out.  

Message 17 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

@ms3270 wrote:

I thought she said I wouldn't have an annual fee for either one, but I will wait to see what its all about when I receive the documentation....she said it would take 7-10 days to get the new cards, but my accounts would be updated within a few days. I will update this thread when I find out.  

Either way they will waive the AF while your on the phone with them and the rewards are the same 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 22
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks @ myjourney! I was trying to figure out whether or not it made a difference that I switched to Quicksilver or not....she told me I could ask for a CLI anytime I wanted, but that it would probably be denied if it was within 6 months of the last one....

Message 19 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

@Anonymous @ myjourney! I was trying to figure out whether or not it made a difference that I switched to Quicksilver or not....she told me I could ask for a CLI anytime I wanted, but that it would probably be denied if it was within 6 months of the last one....

She's wrong that's not true either I ask for one 2 weeks after an auto and it was granted for double 

All they can say is no but you don't know if you don;t trySmiley Wink

Ask anyway 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.