Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one PC

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Capital one PC

Does any body know that if I do a PC of my capital one Journey Rewards Builder card to QuickSilver or Venture will my Card number be same?

Will this make any changes the way it reports to CB?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one PC

Not sure if the account number might be different when PC'ing Journey CC's vs their mainline QS/QS1 (others can vouch).  Either way, if the account number changes (maybe not), you should be fine since they're not closing the old card and opening a new one (they're simply changing the product).  All your history will be preserved CRA-wise, including the open date.

Message 2 of 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Although I cant say for 100% certianly, but my guess is that it will stay the same. I PCed 3 cards, (Plat, Green, HSBC) and DW PCed her newcomer card to a QSO and everyone kept the same account number. 

Message 3 of 5
webrobby
Established Member

May I ask how you're getting the PC?

I spoke with the EO this summer and got some needed CLI through a manual review but no PC or relief from that dumb $39 annual fee since all my cards started as builder cards.  Now a days my credit cards are with prime lenders, but it wasn't like that in 2006 when I started with Capital One.  Tips will be appreciated as I don't want to close my historical accounts there.

Message 4 of 5
newUser0
Established Contributor

This is not initiated by me, it is from Capital One.

Actually, I got a E-mail from them saying, you have been with us since 2012, and we would like to give you an option to get more features blah blah... , When I clicked on the link it said, I can get either Venture or QuickSilver one. And I selected QS since, it has no annual fee.

I think since you had this card from 2006, you should get better offer than mine. Just send them a Message, and see what they can do on this.

Also, Once you log into to your account, There is a option which says under Accounts which says Modify your features, click on that and it will show you a list of cards you are eligible to PC.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.