Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one VS. Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one VS. Discover

How come Capital one will give me a CLI with no hard pull just based on the account history and discover wants to pull hard?

I was late and over the limit on capital on did not make a payment for 2 months and was never late on discover, never went over the limit.
I really would like to get a CLI on discover. Please help~! I can't believe discover is being like this. They treated me right in the beginning now they are refusing.

Capital one Profile
Card 1
-On Aug22nd I called and ask for a CLI on a limit of $300.00 and got a 500.00 Increase. Now the current total CL is $800.00. Had this account open for almost a year probably opened it in Sept or Oct I was late and went over the limit TWICE. Once was my fault and the other one was capital one. I had the account at 297.00 and when they added the Finance charge it took me over the limit of $300.00

Card 2
-On today Aug26th I called and ask for a CLI on a limit of $500.00 and got a 500.00 Increase. Now the current total CL is $1,000.00. Open the account in MAY. Never been late, never went over the Limit.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one VS. Discover

I've told Discover softs for credit lines under 15K, so if you at or over 15, or the CLI would put over 15K it's the hard way
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused, I swear I just saw this somewhere else and already responded.
Andrew, do you by chance have the Discover card issued by HSBC?  If so, HSBC is notoriously stingy!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm confused, I swear I just saw this somewhere else and already responded.
Andrew, do you by chance have the Discover card issued by HSBC? If so, HSBC is notoriously stingy!

I probably did post this one time before and you did see it.
-Why did post it a second time?
Because since I called today for another CLI on Cap1 I called for Discover in aug 20th and they still say no. Just so you guy's can see the difference.

The card that I have is the discover more from discover. You are probably asking about HSBC cause I posted it recommending it to some one and that created a big argument. But I don't have HSBC. I only have them cause I financing a computer from gateway.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, maybe that's why I had the HSBC Discover in my head with your name then. I too have the More card and you're not giving me much hope for getting CLI. Though I am very happy for you with your Cap1 success!!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ahhh, maybe that's why I had the HSBC Discover in my head with your name then. I too have the More card and you're not giving me much hope for getting CLI. Though I am very happy for you with your Cap1 success!!

Sorry, to bring your hopes down, Put you never know maybe it i'll be different and better for you then what it's for me.

Thanks for the congrats! on cap1.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.