Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Venture Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one Venture Question

Hey guys, it's coming about that time for me to app again. I am familiar with all the other credit cards, but would like to have the Venture card in my wallet (low AF, easy CLI's, high limit, 2x per $1, etc).

My question is, would I be able to redeem my 40,000 sign up bonus points into $400 cash back or statement credit? Just wondering if that is an option.

Thank you all!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital one Venture Question

No if you did its gets devalued to half.

You can only redeam Venture points for 2% for travel.

You can always book a refundable hotel stay, let the transaction post then redeem your points.

Wait a week then cancel your reservation then you would get the credit.

I'm just saying...

Message 2 of 6
delaney1
Established Contributor

As stated the cashback would only be $200. Another option would be to redeem the $400 for giftcards on Cap One's website. There's a nice variety to choose from.

Message 3 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

You can redeem them for $400 in gift cards which is close to cash. I suggest you take a look at their selection of gift cards and see if they are ones you might actually use.

We used ours to do Christmas shopping for family etc.

Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys, it's coming about that time for me to app again. I am familiar with all the other credit cards, but would like to have the Venture card in my wallet (low AF, easy CLI's, high limit, 2x per $1, etc).

My question is, would I be able to redeem my 40,000 sign up bonus points into $400 cash back or statement credit? Just wondering if that is an option.

Thank you all!

I have the cap 1 venture card. It was actually my first approval. I still have it years late but that is only as long as they waive the AF. A couple things I would point out which have been mentioned and some that I did not see mentioned. The 2% cash back is for travel. You can get a no-AF 2% cash back card like the citi double cash and have more flexibility. Maybe the signup offer is worth it for the first year but I usually find other credit cards have better signup offers. Yes you can get SP CLIs but I don't know who told you they were easy to get. This isn't amex and I think my venture started at 5k and is now 13k . Seems like a decent amount, but then you need to factor in that I have instant approvals on cards for 30k, so I am hardly impressed with their CLIs and a few of those times I had to go through the exec office and even then I was getting small increases. Its a meh card, but I would be hard pressed to recommend to someone who is going to pay an AF for it. I only keep it because its my oldest account and I use it enough to get my AF waived. Right now I am simply using it for a 0% APR on a  BT. Not a card I would recommend unless you can't get any of the better cards and you need something. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 6
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all!

I have the cap 1 venture card. It was actually my first approval. I still have it years late but that is only as long as they waive the AF. A couple things I would point out which have been mentioned and some that I did not see mentioned. The 2% cash back is for travel. You can get a no-AF 2% cash back card like the citi double cash and have more flexibility. Maybe the signup offer is worth it for the first year but I usually find other credit cards have better signup offers. Yes you can get SP CLIs but I don't know who told you they were easy to get. This isn't amex and I think my venture started at 5k and is now 13k . Seems like a decent amount, but then you need to factor in that I have instant approvals on cards for 30k, so I am hardly impressed with their CLIs and a few of those times I had to go through the exec office and even then I was getting small increases. Its a meh card, but I would be hard pressed to recommend to someone who is going to pay an AF for it. I only keep it because its my oldest account and I use it enough to get my AF waived. Right now I am simply using it for a 0% APR on a  BT. Not a card I would recommend unless you can't get any of the better cards and you need something. 

Have to agree, Cap 1 use to be the top CC company but now they are about average product. Hopefully they upgrade their card's benefit now that they are teaming up with Mastercard more and providing WEMC as thier standard cards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.