cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one apping need guru's advice EDIT APPROVED but not so easily....

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one apping need guru's advice

I never could get the CapOne prequal to show anything...I cold app'd for my VentureOne cards back to back with approvals on both...a few month after that I app'd again for the Venture (no prequal) and was approved for that as well.  Your scores are a lot better than mine and I had a few inquries across all 3 as well.  Good luck to you if you do decide to apply now or in the near future...

Message 11 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one apping need guru's advice

today was approved....thanks all for the help!!!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one apping need guru's advice EDIT APPROVED but not so easily....

@odd_dog wrote:

With downsizing the collection since last May I have done pretty good...deleted 11 cards, 3 banks and still have two cards to wave good bye to. Leading me to this question for the Cap1 aficionados....I want to app for Venture (not now, in future, so if gardening is the advice cool, no rush here). I really am NOT a Cap1 fan, but Venture seems it's own animal with them and I do travel....So for at least 6 months I have been checking the pre-qual site and ALWAYS get the pre-approval for the platinum no AF and QS1 with AF, both at like 23% (I PIF so don't care). My scores are: TU 801    EQ 822    EX 783  Util is 1%    APPS: TU 20    EQ 5    EX 16  most recent apps were two Chase with in the last 2 months......So peeps what does Cap 1 see or not see to qualify me for a Venture?   Any constructive criticism would be appreciated. I understand we are all on our own journey here and different things mean more to some than others depending on your situation.....so that said what can I improve to get a Venture? If it is something like time, cool, but is it something else like Util?? Or do they get scared by number of cards/accounts I have (about 36 with car loans etc) or could it be the number of Apps? Thanks!

EDIT: well after this thread I applied for the Venture and was immediately denied...too many inq.  So I sent off an email to EO explaining why I wanted the card, how I would use it and that the inquires, while a lot (about 40 across all three) were justified, and I was not JUST looking for credit, got a call two days later - nice woman took info said they would pull all three again. whatever at this point 3 more REALLY?  LOL  a week later no pulls and called the hot line for app status and low and behold APPROVED....very cool now I must say even if I wanted to app I really can't. This would finish my collection as it is...I still have two more cards to cut from the current roster, just waiting for the AF to hit....THANKS for your advice all I truly appreciate it!!

Congrats!!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.