Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one canceled my card due to EQ wrong mistake advice

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

Capital one canceled my card due to EQ wrong mistake advice

Hello I am not sure if this is the right place to get advice or if anyone had the same situation happen ?
Anyways try to make this brief . I opened a cap 1 CC never missed a payment always paid balance them there was few accounts on my CRA that I reported fraudulent I never open an account I discovered last oct I called cap one to verify account HSBC which was listed report came back verified and cap one had account Transferred :sold . I kept contacting capital one and EQ this is not my account and capital one does not have this account I only had one account with cap one in good standing . So again I disputed with EQ this account HSBC by phone as fraudulent .next day my account was closed .when I contacted capital one fraud dept and explained they understood .first time I called . 2nd 3rd time I called they said sorry we can't open account because it's closed . Then I complain to Fraud dept someone will contact me never did . Then I get this finally response mail I'm am happy to tell you that your experience at capital one identity fraud investigation is now closed blah blah blah and they have taken the necessary steps to remove all information regarding this capital one account take up to 90 days from all credit bureau . Wow so it's like they handled this like I reported my capital one was opened fraudulent application
I'm so angry with EQUIFAX and CAP1 I want to write to the EO regarding this matter if anyone had same experience are ther any recourse I can take regarding this situation
Any advise or I'm SOL
Appreciated anyone
Where I stand
Regards
BB
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital one canceled my card due to EQ wrong mistake advice

Did you ever happen to have an Orchard Bank card by chance?  Orchard Bank was HSBC and CapOne purchased all of their CC accounts.  I have a card that started as an Orchard card (HSBC) than transitioned over to a CapOne account.  Could that have been the case?

Either way, sorry your card was closed.  

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 2 of 3
NY2014
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one canceled my card due to EQ wrong mistake advice

No Never had an Orchard bank card . The CRA says on my report which defaulted 2011 open 2010 same time I opened my capital one.HSBC don't have records and discovered another account in collections HSBC Calvary different account different amounts I can't figure it out I'm disputing these accounts I put a freeze on my credits fraud alerts I don't check my credit much until recently I received a bill from a collection past due which I never to out a loan or cell phones and checked my credit then and discovered HSBC account and some other collection I never been late. I figured someone got my Identity but I filed a report but my question is the credit Bureau screwed up And reported An account "cap one " opened fraudulent had cap account sense 2010 used it a lot paid every billing $0 balance and now they are back and forth telling me yeah it's a mistake but we'll you can reapply again and deleting there trade line from your report in feel they really do not stand customers which admittedly knew it was on both there and the credit agencies.about this fraudulent accounts with HSBC on my report how can a credit reporting agency report something and say its valid when both CC company and collections can't verify when you contact them directly .and here's a funny one the collection don't have my address or they told me it will take them 60:90 to validate because my address. But when they validated with the CRA every time it came back "this is Yours" ridiculous.talking to dispute reps is like talking to someone that just don't care and push a button and dated SS name only match not even 30 days as it's stated in a investigation. It becomes frivolous crazy
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.