Capital one cards

How long do it take to receive the next credit line with the capital one cards
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one cards

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Cap-1 current policy is 1 card every 6 months and CLI on cards you already have is also 1 every 6 months.
Message 2 of 10
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Does the 1/6 rule mean 90 days? I apped for a Dining Rewards card and wanted to get the WEMC quicksilver. I closed my old Platinum Quicksilver as they wouldn't upgrade me. I did "product change" my Quicksikver to a exact same Quicksilver. Does thay reset the clock?

I apped on 4/10 O think. So does that mean on 10/10 I can apply again?
My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

1/6 means: 1 card every 6 months. 

You can app again on 10-10, though I would wait until 10-11 to be safe. 

Added: upgrading does not reset the clock. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Warning: Combining Cap1 cards into one account does because they regard this as a CLI.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Warning: Combining Cap1 cards into one account does because they regard this as a CLI.

Justagirl is correct and Airtroop is correct. Upgrading or "Product Changing" a card is competely different than combining two cards. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Oh so if I closed my Quicksilver and added it to my Dining card it resets the clock? I don't remember when I closed it.... darn it....

Edit: It was closed 6/11. So does that mean I can only get a new card on 12/12/17?

Message 7 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MoneyBurns wrote:

Oh so if I closed my Quicksilver and added it to my Dining card it resets the clock? I don't remember when I closed it.... darn it....

Edit: It was closed 6/11. So does that mean I can only get a new card on 12/12/17?

If you combined your QS into your Dining card back on 6/11, that means you can't try for a CLI on your Dining card until six months from then (since that 'counted' as a CLI for your Dining card).

As for when you can apply for a new card, that will depend on when you opened your last Capital One card, since you can only apply once every six months.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Nice! So I can apply for a "better" QuickSilver (WEMC version) on 10/11, I think... since I applied on 4/10. I just didn't like the fact that Cap1 wouldn't upgrade me despite my old Quicksilver being a 6k CL. Thanks UncleB!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

"How long do it take to receive the next credit line with the capital one card"

7 payment dates

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.