cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one changes statement date when you move?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one changes statement date when you move?

Hi, just a quick question. Generally I my pay by date is on the 18th. It stayed the same this month as well, I normally get my statement on the 21st though and for some reason this month it has yet to go through and they said it'd be today due to my address being changed. Is this common practice? Also I changed my address because capital one allowed someone other than me change my address through the change household feature they decide to provide over the phone.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one changes statement date when you move?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, just a quick question. Generally I my pay by date is on the 18th. It stayed the same this month as well, I normally get my statement on the 21st though and for some reason this month it has yet to go through and they said it'd be today due to my address being changed. Is this common practice? Also I changed my address because capital one allowed someone other than me change my address through the change household feature they decide to provide over the phone.

That right there would be my biggest concern.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me I called them on that. I had my own account and my parents stayed with me in my place for a few months. They moved out, used that feature on the phone and it changed it to their new house 300 miles away haha. I went to get gas one day and my zip code wasnt working.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Trust me I called them on that. I had my own account and my parents stayed with me in my place for a few months. They moved out, used that feature on the phone and it changed it to their new house 300 miles away haha. I went to get gas one day and my zip code wasnt working.

Ah ok at least you knew who did it then. Your heart can go back from your throat lol

Message 4 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

my due date always changed with Capital One anytime I moved or changed addresses. It's something common with them, I remember my shock the day I found out about that but this was some years ago

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I'm kind of livid right now. I was forced to change it because they automatically changed it without my consent. Fraud department ended up telling me that it's not their problem or fault, just an agent deciding because my dads name is my middle name ans last names matched that it made sense to change them. I had literally paid off my credit card fully this month for the credit bump for an auto-loan this week. Then waited til yesterday to pay for my bills since my statement should've closed. The payment date stayed the same. The closing date for the statement changed
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen that somewhere on their website that if your address changes then your due date may change.  Have you already went in and changed the due date back to a date that you want? 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to have to now. I'm still on the phone with them now, the 6th person today. 3 of them gave me the wrong information and stated it closed on the 21st and should be showing, the other 3 have now stated it changes with the address. Funny thing is it didn't change the statement closing day when the unauthorized address was set in their statement, only when I corrected it did it change.

Message 8 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Yeah I'd imagine many companies bill in batches. So by moving you got shifted to a new batch. This happens with my utilities too...

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.