Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one combination of cards

tag
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

Capital one combination of cards

Right now I have 2 Capital One credit cards at $750 each..1 now at a 0 balance and the other at about a $55 balance. I have had them for a while, so should I just wait for a CLI on both or just do a CL combination of both cards so one would be wiped out and the other at $1500?

Discover IT: $0/$200
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one combination of cards

Wait for CLI and then combine. You're not allowed to request for CLI again for 6 more months
Message 2 of 6
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

I haven't received a CLI on either of the cards in over a year.

Message 3 of 6
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

1st one opened Mar 2014--on Sep 2014 I went from $500 to $750..NOTHING since

2nd one opened Nov 2014--on Mar 2015 I went from $300 to $400, the next month I went from $400 to $750...NOTHING since

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, go ahead and combine. What you'd get is essentially a CLI on 1 card to the extent of the other credit line that you're closing.
Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

If you decide to move forward with combining, I would check each card one more time to see if a CLI is available, then combine. 

The combination itself will probably be viewed as a CLI on the remaining card after the combination, so it will be six months before you're eligible to check again.  Also, getting a CLI on one or both cards will not cause a problem with combining.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.