cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one combining cards saying not eligible?

tag
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital one combining cards saying not eligible?

Hmmm.... a few months back I was able to combine my Visa Venture One into my Mastercard QS.

*See screenshot*

I hope they didnt change this, because next month I was planning on closing my Venture and combining into my QS to make a 22k card.

Cards.jpg

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 11 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told by CapOne CS that you CAN'T combine Mastercard into Visa, unfortunately. That was my plan as well.

I'm not sure this is correct.  When I log into my own account, I am given the option to merge my own Quicksilver One Mastercard and My Quicksilver Visa Signature.  I've not 'pulled the trigger' yet (I'm waiting on another CLI on each before doing so) but all indications are that it will be allowed with no issues.

I'm not doubting your word, but I'm very much doubting the CSR you spoke with, since they aren't even able to perform the function on their end.

Here's a screen shot of my own accounts after I select my QS1 Mastercard as the card I want to close:

merge.jpg

Message 12 of 37
Blodreina
Established Contributor

You can definitely combine visa and mastercard.

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone ever had a problem with the Capital 1 link saying they weren't eligible when they meet all the requirements? I just paid off my Platinum MasterCard I want to link it into my Quicksilver MasterCard and then later link that into my Quicksilver visa. I have a zero balance on the Platinum MasterCard, have never been late, don't have pending transactions, and they are over 1 year old. I have no idea why it keeps telling me it won't work. I did the chat and the guy said to call the phone number that he gave me. I called and she said because this is a self serviceonline she couldn't help me with anything or see the reason why It won't work. Kind of useless information. Do you know what's going on? I was really looking forward to combining. Thank you in advance :-)

There are lots of folks who are having the same problem, and when they contact Capital One they get a similar answer... apparently somebody high up within Capital One thought it would be a good idea to give customers a tool that the CSRs didn't even have.  All you can do at this time is to keep trying.

One suggestion... you mention the card is PIF; not that it should matter, but I would try again after you get the next statement showing a zero balance. 

+1

Maybe the system hasn't had time to reset/update itself. It may be a glitch in their system too. Hopefully, they are logging these issues some place and are looking at a fix. Please keep us posted on the issue. Best of luck!

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told by CapOne CS that you CAN'T combine Mastercard into Visa, unfortunately. That was my plan as well.

I'm not sure this is correct.  When I log into my own account, I am given the option to merge my own Quicksilver One Mastercard and My Quicksilver Visa Signature.  I've not 'pulled the trigger' yet (I'm waiting on another CLI on each before doing so) but all indications are that it will be allowed with no issues.

I'm not doubting your word, but I'm very much doubting the CSR you spoke with, since they aren't even able to perform the function on their end.

Here's a screen shot of my own accounts after I select my QS1 Mastercard as the card I want to close:

merge.jpg

Thanks for clearing this up UncleB. Big help. 

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is everyone succeeding in getting the newer Card closed and moving everything to the older Card or do some of you not care, and just want the combination?

I ask because one of the insulting "denial lines" is not enough experience at this credit limit… All of a sudden your venture has years and years experience that's awesome and sneaky haha.
Message 16 of 37
castor4072
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can combine my WMC with my Visa...but I still cant combine those two accounts with my Venture Visa card. But yes, CSR are useless...all my cards are 6+ months old and it still doesnt allow me to combine....Grrr!

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is everyone succeeding in getting the newer Card closed and moving everything to the older Card or do some of you not care, and just want the combination?

I ask because one of the insulting "denial lines" is not enough experience at this credit limit… All of a sudden your venture has years and years experience that's awesome and sneaky haha.

Have you tried to combine your CLs? In the verbiage it clearly states that combining limits may make the account ineligible for CLIs. I'm paraphrasing of course but it's pretty accurate.

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@castor4072 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can combine my WMC with my Visa...but I still cant combine those two accounts with my Venture Visa card. But yes, CSR are useless...all my cards are 6+ months old and it still doesnt allow me to combine....Grrr!

Do your accounts have balances?

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone ever had a problem with the Capital 1 link saying they weren't eligible when they meet all the requirements? I just paid off my Platinum MasterCard I want to link it into my Quicksilver MasterCard and then later link that into my Quicksilver visa. I have a zero balance on the Platinum MasterCard, have never been late, don't have pending transactions, and they are over 1 year old. I have no idea why it keeps telling me it won't work. I did the chat and the guy said to call the phone number that he gave me. I called and she said because this is a self serviceonline she couldn't help me with anything or see the reason why It won't work. Kind of useless information. Do you know what's going on? I was really looking forward to combining. Thank you in advance :-)

There are lots of folks who are having the same problem, and when they contact Capital One they get a similar answer... apparently somebody high up within Capital One thought it would be a good idea to give customers a tool that the CSRs didn't even have.  All you can do at this time is to keep trying.

One suggestion... you mention the card is PIF; not that it should matter, but I would try again after you get the next statement showing a zero balance. 

+1

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.