cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one customer service is useless.

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Capital one customer service is useless.

Recent Chat:

Yadiel: I completely understand your point.

Yadiel: However, I do not see any offer available in your account currently.

Yadiel: We try to do a good job of proactively reviewing accounts to find the best financial solutions we can offer.

Yadiel: We always try to find the best offers for our customers and I do know our company does a great job proactively reviewing accounts for better offers.

you: So far, they have been terrible.

you: So far, it has been completely automated and not a single person has reviewed my account

Yadiel: The offers gets populated in your account if eligible and we always try to find the best offers for our customers and I do know our company does a great job proactively reviewing accounts for better offers.

Yadiel: Capital One believes in safeguarding our customer's privacy.

you: You are not even typing. This is horrible customer service.

you: Although, it's sad how bad the grammar is in the pre-written messages.

Yadiel: Dustin, frankly, yes I am using canned messages to save time.

They are going to need a slogan change. "What's in your sock drawer?"

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one customer service is useless.

Know of any companies with worse customer service? Or have any stories from contacting a credit card company?

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 30
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Nope.... hence the inception of the character "Peggy".... pretty much a standing joke around this forum reference their LAME customer service. Seems like the majority, who keep there acct with them is only because it frequently is their oldest tradeline... welcome to the disgust  Smiley Wink

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 3 of 30
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm just biding my time and then it will be sayonara Capital One.  They serve a rebuilding purpose and then they are completely useless.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 30
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Many, if not all companies use pre-typed responses. Ever notice how the representatives appear to type at the speed of lightning? I don't really see anything wrong with the chat though. The person you spoke with is probably not one of the people responsible for reviewing accounts.

Message 5 of 30
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Many, if not all companies use pre-typed responses. Ever notice how the representatives appear to type at the speed of lightning? I don't really see anything wrong with the chat though. The person you spoke with is probably not one of the people responsible for reviewing accounts.

I had asked her a few times if I could get the contact info for somebody who could review the account. That was after I asked her if she could get in touch with somebody who could review the account and see if they could come up with something. She just kept using the same pre-written messages, half the time they didn't even fit what I had asked.

Message 6 of 30
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

It couldn't hurt to try any one of the backdoor numbers in the sticky to speak with a credit analyst, but I think it unlikely that they would be much more helpful than the csr

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 7 of 30
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

what were you trying to do? 

try the exec number in the backdoor thread ive heard people get some leeway. 

and as for the peggy thing if you search youtube there is some laughs in it for you. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 30
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

There are so many things wrong with Cap 1. I know people will try to argue that its a good card for its purpose, but to be honest things like poor CS and sub prime attitudes can be avoided with any card regardless of your credit status. I have had them for 2 years, yet have very few incentives to keep them. Including the $500 limit I have. I understand where you are coming from completely!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 9 of 30
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

There are so many things wrong with Cap 1. I know people will try to argue that its a good card for its purpose, but to be honest things like poor CS and sub prime attitudes can be avoided with any card regardless of your credit status. I have had them for 2 years, yet have very few incentives to keep them. Including the $500 limit I have. I understand where you are coming from completely!

im not going to start bashing anyone. but this is you get what you pay for. 

if you go to a fast food restaurant when you have little money to eat. And you keep going there for the next year. 

now you got a raise and you can afford to go elsewhere but you still go there. 

Then a friend introduces you to a 5 star restaurant (ie amex/chase/ other prime lenders) and you really like it. 

then you go back and expect the same service you got at the 5 star place at the fast food place but you dont get it. 

does that make sense? 

Sometimes it just fits the purpose. 

ive read a quote on here in peoples sigs. do you run your credit or does your credit run you . you decide. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.