cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one customer service is useless.

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one customer service is useless.

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Many, if not all companies use pre-typed responses. Ever notice how the representatives appear to type at the speed of lightning? I don't really see anything wrong with the chat though. The person you spoke with is probably not one of the people responsible for reviewing accounts.

Pre-typed responses are okay except when they do not answer the question! I had a pretty comical discussion via chat with Cap One yesterday. I wanted to know if I could register my account (household bank recently acquired) and the conversation started pleasant. Wendy informed me I was not able to do it until I receive my new Cap One card. New Cap one card she says? I then ask Wendy 'oh so you are sending me a new card?' She then replies with a script telling me how to make payments. Huh! I thanked her for the information but said I no longer use my card so I do not need to make payments. I told her I guess I will continue to wait until I know what the heck is going on. Wendy replies, thank you for understanding'..lol. I ended the chat knowing what I knew before the chat..Absolutely nothing

I wish I could get paid for not answering questions!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 11 of 30
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

The only thing with that is that Capital One has better cards that have better service. They offer the option to modify your features, but only give a small amount of customers any real chance to do so.  My current car is a Hyundai Accent (one of their entry level cars), I have a great relationship with them. When I progress economically with a higher income, I'm sure Hyundai will try to sell me their Elantra instead of telling me to go to a Lexus. My analogy might not be the best, but I think that Cap 1 could do more. They offer an arsenal of cards, which they could offer their customers when they are ready to make that jump.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 12 of 30
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Oh and Cap 1 should PC my card to any of their "5 star restaurant cards" I would be more than happy to stay with them lol. It seems idiotic that they have no drive to keep you as their customer. Anyway if people are happy with Cap 1, or if the card has fulfilled a purpose, then who am I to say differently. I just think that they could evolve with the customer within their own collection of cards that fit different credit styles. 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 13 of 30
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

I really don't get the hate. What did you expect the chat rep to do? They have no power over your account. They have no part in Capital One's policy decisions, and it's not their fault that the product you have is not meeting your expectations.

I have contacted Capital One support plenty of times in the years I have had their credit products. Not one time have I had any legitimate complaint about their customer service. They have always been able to resolve my issues quickly.

I do disagree with some of their policy decisions, but that has not affected the quality of customer service I have received. They have even been gracious enough to waive my annual fees every year, and they have also given me reduced APRs from time to time. I got my first Credit Steps increase back in 2008 even after accidentally going over my (then $300) limit, and no fees were assessed. I have also spoken to them on behalf of friends with bad credit habits, and they have very graciously waived late and over-limit fees for them in exchange for large payments.

I did contact the Executive Office to receive a manual account review. Not only did they end up giving me over 4x my previous combined limits with them, but they also premanently removed the annual fees from my accounts. I was very nice to them, and they were very sincere to me. They could see that I was consistently putting 3-4x my credit limit through my cards every month before I stopped using them, so they knew they were making money off of me.

Again, I understand that many of us do not agree with their policies and decisions, but that doesn't mean that we need to make the customer service representatives' lives miserable for something that they have no control over. There is a time and a place for feedback. Try writing a letter to their general correspondence address (the one that shows up on your credit report); I have, and I guarantee you will get a response.

Message 14 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Cap1 frontline CSRs copy and paste off a script

future reference, don't post the CSRs name when you copy/paste the chat, you'll end up getting reprimanded. 

I though, have had plenty of experiences where the CSR copies and pastes something that doesn't relate to my question at all. When they PCd me I asked if I was elligible for the welcome bonus ($100 when you spend $500 in 3 months or whatever) and they kept telling me about the 50% bonus I get on my anniversary. 

Message 15 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Cap1 knows what they're doing. Instead of PCing long term customers, they want you to app for a new card to get that AF.

Very simple.

However, some people actually do have luck getting a PC. YMMV of course.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Cap1 knows what they're doing. Instead of PCing long term customers, they want you to app for a new card to get that AF.

Very simple.

However, some people actually do have luck getting a PC. YMMV of course.

ME!!!! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 17 of 30
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

future reference, don't post the CSRs name when you copy/paste the chat, you'll end up getting reprimanded. 

I though, have had plenty of experiences where the CSR copies and pastes something that doesn't relate to my question at all. When they PCd me I asked if I was elligible for the welcome bonus ($100 when you spend $500 in 3 months or whatever) and they kept telling me about the 50% bonus I get on my anniversary. 

Call me crazy, but I actually received great enjoyment with my conversation. It was a real hoot!! I must have too much time on my hands or perhaps not enough laughter in my life!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 18 of 30
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Call me crazy, but I actually received great enjoyment with my conversation. It was a real hoot!! I must have too much time on my hands or perhaps not enough laughter in my life!!!

I got a laugh out of the "Dustin, frankly, yes I am using canned messages to save time."

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 19 of 30
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I though, have had plenty of experiences where the CSR copies and pastes something that doesn't relate to my question at all. When they PCd me I asked if I was eligible for the welcome bonus ($100 when you spend $500 in 3 months or whatever) and they kept telling me about the 50% bonus I get on my anniversary. 

I figured it was a fake name anyways, and would not be an issue.

The agent was taking several minutes between messages to post her canned responses. Then would just start saying the same things over and over again.

I enjoyed a phone call with them a few days ago. The supervisor was explaining to me how great of a company they were. While at the same time I was reviewing an article about their settlement for deceptive marketing.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.