Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one due date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one due date

Last Friday, I received my new capital one credit card.  I went online and registered for online statements and the like.  I noticed my due date is January 1, 0001.  (Yes that is correct the year 1).  I immediately called Capital1 and their wonderful customer service people informed me that I had made no purchases (but my charges are showing up on my online statement) and two my due date is in the year 1.  The representative didn't seem to understand why I was calling about my due date.  I tried to make a payment for what I owe but online won't let me because the due date has past.  The customer service rep changed my due state but said it will show up on my next statement.  I'm concerned that this may have a negative effect on my account because my bill is suppose to be due in the year 1.  Has this happened to anyone else before?  I am wondering if it will clear itself out since it is a new card. Thanks for help.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one due date

I know Capone did their website change over this weekend- looks great - it is having some reliability issues.

I would set up bill pay from your bank and shove the payments down their throats.
Message 2 of 10
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

If your payment is due in the year 0001, you are really late!! Don't worry though because it will be off your credit report by 0008!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just activated a new card last night and my online account is showing the same thing. Attempted to call this morning but was on hold for nearly 1/2 hour - so gave up. I figured after holding so long I would only get disgusted with the non English speaking rep and the due date will eventually correct itself after the first statement cuts.

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 11-16-2007 10:30 AM
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't change until your first full cycle.  I made payments to my account though before the statement was posted.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It hasn't changed, but you are able to make a payment "today", you can't post-date a payment.  I am trying to use my cards but pay them off immediately so I do not carry any balance but the credit card company sees I am using my card and paying them off promptly.  I called the customer service people but the non-english speaking rep didn't understand why I was bothered by the date it was due. 
Message 6 of 10
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Timothy wrote:
I know Capone did their website change over this weekend- looks great - it is having some reliability issues.

I would set up bill pay from your bank and shove the payments down their throats.

Yes, what Timothy said!Smiley Wink And and add a fist with that payment! LOL!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

bluebananas5 wrote:
It hasn't changed, but you are able to make a payment "today", you can't post-date a payment.  I am trying to use my cards but pay them off immediately so I do not carry any balance but the credit card company sees I am using my card and paying them off promptly.  I called the customer service people but the non-english speaking rep didn't understand why I was bothered by the date it was due. 

The new site allowsyou to sched payments in Advance...YAY!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallasjetfan wrote:
If your payment is due in the year 0001, you are really late!! Don't worry though because it will be off your credit report by 0008!!

hehehe

smartass!

lol
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Geez, I'd like to see how all those 120+'s display on TrueCredit... Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.