YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one executive sucks

@joshy wrote:
Pharmacists

store or street?

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 41 of 61
birjest
Frequent Contributor

But forget that their credit was not very good when they got Capital One, so should be thankful someone took a chance on them.  I wholeheartedly agreed on your comment navi...CC1 was my first card after my credit rebuilding, and how would it look for me to be mad at them for not upping my credit limit.  Go to another company.  works for me!

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 42 of 61
joshy
Valued Member

@yahcomb: hospital ( clinical pharmacist )

Credit Cards:Amex BCE $5K. Amex costco $15K,Chase Freedom $1K, Discover $4K,Discover it $1.7K Cap1 $2.5K, Cap1 $1.5K, Cap1 visa $1K, BBRZMC $300, BNFL $1450, Cap1 $2K. BRCU $1K.chevrom visa $3.3K, toyrus visa $6.3K,walmart DC$2.4k,Gap vs$4k

Store Card.Walmart $3.3K,Amazon $3.5K, Old Navy $4.7K, KOHLS $500, The Children's Place $325. Target $700, Express $1.15K. paypal SC $1.8K, MACYS $2.5k
Message 43 of 61
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

If i were you i would just close that card. First of all they dont need your business. Them not allowing you to do a product change is completely up to them. You sound like you think you deserve it or are entitled to one but guess what its up to them. Stop complaining and close the card. Im sure you can get better cards, because you already have better cards. That letter you wrote made you sound arrogant so i am not surprised they said no because i would've done the same. Get over it and work on your other cards. Obviously if you are contacting the exec office you know how hard it is to get anything done with Cap1. if you look for the first thread about the Cap1 exec office it was started by me. I went through all the trouble to get an extra $1000. Its not worth it.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 44 of 61
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@YahComb wrote:

@joshy wrote:
Pharmacists

store or street?

Come on now,,  play nice!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 45 of 61
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

@joshy wrote:
Pharmacists

store or street?

Come on now,,  play nice!

lol come on you know you laughed =p

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 46 of 61
Alpha43
Established Member

I'm in a sort of similar situation so allow me to share my thoughts based on what's happening with me. Capital 1 was my first credit card. I took care of it and received the normal credit steps increases little by little until I reached $1,000, It's been five years and I still have that limit even today. Earlier this year I learned about this forum and really educated myself on credit in general and as of today I went from having 2 credit cards with a total of 2k combined credit to now having a little over $17,000 in credit as of today. I was very happy opening up my Amex, and my more recent Chase Sapphire Preffered & Discover cards. Yes my first initial reaction was to call the executive office and complain but then I took a minute and just felt humble as most people said here already. If it wasn't for Capital one I wouldn't have made it to where I am today in terms of what's in my wallet (no pun intended). Bottom line instead of calling them because I feel like I deserve better, I will just cut my ties with them in a few months and just more forward. I thank them for starting me off but I guess im off to bigger and better things now. Just my 2 cents.

Regardless, good luck!

Capital One Platinum - $5,000 \ Care Credit - $10,000 \ American Express Blue Card - $18,000 \ Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6,000 \ Discover More - $3,000
Message 47 of 61
compassion101
Established Contributor

The letter sounds very unprofessional and full of entitlement issues. People in the thread keep pointing this out but OP seems to just want to tell about why he mispells words on purpose and why a company like Capital One is lucky that he is willing to do business with them. OP, perhaps this is not the way you intend to come across, but it is the way it is being perceived. Best thing you can do is accept the advice as friendly rather than think people are hating on you. I understand you already sent the letter and you might even get what you want, but I think for the future you might want to curb that tendency in your letters. I have been involved in risk management for many years and have found that entitlement is highly correlated to risk and imagine that many credit lenders have the same conclusion.

Also someone mentioned about CapOne going bankrupt, their stock is up 65% in the last year and have recently bought out several companies like HSBC, INGdirect, and a couple of others. They seem to be in great shape.

Message 48 of 61
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

It's true that his letter came off very entitled, but there is no reason ot belittle him over it. There is no reason for us it question his salary or line of work, either.

For customers that have only been with Capital One for a year or two, our approach should be a little more friendlier yet assertive. I've been with Capital One for a year and they gave me an increase after sending a letter that spoke highly of their company but disappointment that our card was said not to get any further increases. They gave us a nice $500 bump to our limit and promise more in the future. I'm satisfied with the increase because it shows that they are listening and will in the future. Too many people hate on Capital One, but I happen to like them. They gave us credit when no one else would.

I'm sure they will overlook the harsh tone in your letter and consider giving you a small increase since you heavily use the card. Do keep us updated.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 49 of 61
distantarray
Established Contributor

personallylike others have said you sound entitled, and you stated capital one executive sucks already, you seem to have a bad attitude about the stepping stones which have got you to this point, be grateful an try to explain in a nice way and they should be able to work with you. Personally if I read this letter I would be tempted to close your account but that's just me =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.