Did you mean: 

Capital one free credit score

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital one free credit score

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Yep, they use your most recent soft pull, which can be several weeks or even months old

Do you know when they update the soft pull? When i get my score it still says from 6/25.

It varies ~ you'll have to view your full report from the CRAs to see the soft pulls, might be monthly, or even bi~monthly.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 21 of 29
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I tried it last night and got my senile today...but I don't see any score Smiley Sad page 2 just has the equal rights act and nothing else. Then next page just has the FAQs where is the score supposed to be at? Lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 22 of 29
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

I've utilized this "free" credit score several times, compliments of Capital One!  It is an Equifax score and, although it does not cite FICO anywhere (which means it's probably not a true FICO score (?)), it does utilize a score range of 300 to 850, akin to FICO.  However, I have noticed the score DATING to be a little confusing.  My June 29th "no CLI Ietter" from Capital One indicates an Equifax score scource date of May 28th (Platinum MC, EQ = 724).  My most recent Capital One letter, from July 20th, has an Equifax date of June 25th (VentureOne VISA, EQ = 724). I checked my latest CR and the Capital One "soft pull" inquiry dates are different from those in the above letters.  Still, a useful piece of information from Capital One, yes?

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 23 of 29
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
I tried it last night and got my senile today...but I don't see any score Smiley Sad page 2 just has the equal rights act and nothing else. Then next page just has the FAQs where is the score supposed to be at? Lol

I requested CLI's 2-3x from Cap One, the first 2 letters had no fico score - just the equal rights act box. The last request (dated in June) did finally have a score - 751 (same as My Fico).

FYI - all CLI requests online were denied (account not eligible), but I did get a nice increase after I emailed the EO.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 24 of 29
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

I've done the same but my scores are always from an older pull.  Check the dates, it will show yo the FICO score pull date.  They may be from a month prior.

Yep, they use your most recent soft pull, which can be several weeks or even months old

Do you know when they update the soft pull? When i get my score it still says from 6/25.

A rep told me that they use anything within
A rep told me they use anything within the last 60 days.  If they haven't pulled within 60 days they will pull fresh.  Or so he says.
FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 25 of 29
ajohnson1978
New Visitor

I checked mine with FICO 2 weeks ago. The rep said it was something they had within the last 30-60 days or so. I also checked on another website

www. getinstantcreditscore.com 

which is basically fromt he 3CBs, will notify you if there is an activity and surely there is an inquiry. Im thinking from CreditOne for my CC application. 

Message 26 of 29
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Just checked my FICO from Cap1.  I'm in the 790s from 12/30 pull of eq.

Message 27 of 29
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I just tried this trick with Capital One. No credit score on my letter. Smiley Sad

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 28 of 29
akabigo
Contributor

They denied my CLI back in October because of the transitioning from HSBC. I never even bothered looking at the back but my score is there, 803 from EQ dated 8-27. My only SP on EQ from Cap1 is dated 8-6 . I'll try again once I receive my QS card since I just used the modify my options offer to upgrade.

Thanks for the tip Smiley Very Happy

Fico scores 800+
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.