Regular Contributor

Capital one hates me !!!!

Hi All,
I was in Canada last two years and came back to US this Jan. I started gardening in January and got 4 credit cards from chase, discover and Amex. Tried for capital one but declined,
I started gardening after 45 days from first attempt and got BOA Amex, Amex fidelity, Amex Macy's and applied for capital one and again got declined.
Again I waited for 60 days and applied for capital one and again declined. Then on same day I applies 5 GE cards and all approved, applied for US flex perk card and it got also approved.
I am not sure why capital one hates me a lot while other banks gives me credit as required.
All these days I have credit score more than 700 + .....
I wish to have capital one in my card's life list and was not successful so far ..,
Any advice in this regard will be of great help.
Any CL with capital one is fine with me and today only I got a letter from capital one saying too many new accounts and inquires in lat 6 months and my experien score is698 as of last week.

Please advise ..
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one hates me !!!!

[ Edited ]

wajidkhanp wrote:
Hi All,
I was in Canada last two years and came back to US this Jan. I started gardening in January and got 4 credit cards from chase, discover and Amex. Tried for capital one but declined,
I started gardening after 45 days from first attempt and got BOA Amex, Amex fidelity, Amex Macy's and applied for capital one and again got declined.
Again I waited for 60 days and applied for capital one and again declined. Then on same day I applies 5 GE cards and all approved, applied for US flex perk card and it got also approved.
I am not sure why capital one hates me a lot while other banks gives me credit as required.
All these days I have credit score more than 700 + .....
I wish to have capital one in my card's life list and was not successful so far ..,
Any advice in this regard will be of great help.
Any CL with capital one is fine with me and today only I got a letter from capital one saying too many new accounts and inquires in lat 6 months and my experien score is698 as of last week.

Please advise ..

Well, honestly most people start with Capital One, as I did, when starting to build credit. It looks like you have been sufficiently successful with other lenders, so I don't see the need to keep going after Capital One. My advice is to enjoy the cards you have and forget about Capital One.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsyharlvpo.jpg
Regular Contributor

Thank you Latino ... When I was in Canada I had capital one and I was getting good rewards and customer service .. Some how I am in love with capital one and wish to have in my cards family ... As you said correctly ... I have to start love my other cards in my family ...
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Capital one is garbage! I've had my cards for 5 or 6 years lil to nothing when it comes to CLI's! Enjoy your cards you have as I would love to have a Amex! Turn your head and walk away from cap 1 quick!

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EFX 785 / EXP 775
Wallet: US Bank Cash + $15K | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10K l Amex BCP $9K | PenFed Visa Sig $9K | DCU Plat. $10K | Logix 10K | Discover $9.6K | WalMart $10K | Paypal MC $15K | Cap 1 Venture World MasterCard $6K | Barclay NFL $3.4K | Cap 1 Venture One $6K | • $113,000 Revolving •
Regular Contributor

Thank you IECredit ... This motivates
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.