Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one is great!!!

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one is great!!!

@woodyman100 wrote:

Oh come on people. Lighten up a little. I apologize if I have offended. None was meant to any one. Sometimes I forget that no one actually knows me in real life, so doesn't get my sense of humor. 

So once again...my apologies

My rebuttals always come off like I'm offended but it's really just how I talk and is kind of like me doing a hair flip at you (you know like when ppl tease eachother in social settings). LOL None taken.

I forgot to mention no FTF that was actually another big deal for me.  But I never used their mall. Only their monthly and weekly "deals." That were supposed to be aligned with your shopping habits.  They were some of the best ones I've had out of any cards.  For example spend $25 dollars at J. Crew Facty and get 20% off. No brainer, plus I rarely just go in there to spend under that amount. 

Message 31 of 35
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I love the Qucksilver cards. They won't let me combine my 2 into 1 though. I have given the 1500 one to my daughter at college. I figure with that limit, she can't hurt me to bad with those 18 yo spending habits. Lol

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 32 of 35
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Once I have the Quicksilver for 6 months I will try for a CLI. If I don't get one, I'm closing the card as it is my lowest CL bankcard.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 33 of 35
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

You can look over my old posts - if you are really bored - I've been a defender of Capital One but.....

And to quote my wife of 35 years ".... I'm not sure this thing with us is going to work out over the long term....."

I have closed 4 Capital One accounts because THEY refuse to adapt to a long term relationship. One HSBC card they balanced chased down - closed and paid the month they did that, two "platinum" cards that they refused to increase, usable-but toy limits ($1000 each) and a Sony card that they "maxed out" at $1500 and would not budge.

Right now I have a $2500 limit MC that I've had for 4 years - never a late on any card/account or over limit - they won't budge. "Chat" is worthless, they read scripts and do nothing for you - at least in my case, which usually results in okay close the card please and they do. I talked to the EO through facebook and they offered to look at increasing the credit limit if I would supply a full financial audit including tax returns - I refused (would not do if asked for AmEx either).  

Here is the kicker - I just applied for the Venture Card - instant approval with a $8000 starting CL (but they still won't budge on the other one).

....really?

And THAT sums up Capital One - bi-polar logic and "service".

I think Capital One serves a great purpose for the credit recovery and building market. I also think that many people out grow the business model, but at the same time I think Capital One brings a lot of this on their self by refusing to really deal with the whole market rather than the mainly the high profit "rebuilder" segment.

Message 34 of 35
keithB
Established Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

And to quote my wife of 35 years ".... I'm not sure this thing with us is going to work out over the long term....."

LOL!!! 35 years is short term?  

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.