Did you mean: 

Capital one is great!!!

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one is great!!!

I understand now. Sarcasm.  Haha, I'm a little slow Smiley Tongue

@woodyman100 wrote:

I was actually. People are so thrilled and happy and swear undying allegiance when first approved for a rebuilder, then when something flashier comes along, all of a sudden it's Crapital one this and Crapital one that. 

I was referring to this in the joke

Message 21 of 35
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I was actually. People are so thrilled and happy and swear undying allegiance when first approved for a rebuilder, then when something flashier comes along, all of a sudden it's Crapital one this and Crapital one that. 

Almost a year and a half, and multiple flashy cards later, I still use my Cap One for almost everything that's not in the bonus categories. And that actually is a big number.

Yes, that card was a no-rewards Platinum card for a year when I got it PCed by chance to QS. Excellent reward structure, excellent redemption policy, didn't really need to interact with the CSR much. I mostly use chat and that is a 50-50 thing, but meh. 

Now I did need to use the EO to go from 2k to 4k but to be fair to Cap One, they did take me from 0.5k to 2k on their 6th month. They kept their promise, I kept my loyalty. 

Message 22 of 35
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I made it clear I didn't get a "rebuilder card", but one of their cards for people with decent credit.  And I only recently got a Capital One CC last year, AFTER six years of cc history totaling three different cards with Chase.  So your blanket statements are not applicable here.  Depending on the type of card you have with Capital One, they can offer comparable service to other lenders.

Expressing satisfaction with the way they have handled customers from personal experience is hardly "undying allegiance."

Message 23 of 35
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Almost a year and a half, and multiple flashy cards later, I still use my Cap One for almost everything that's not in the bonus categories. And that actually is a big number.

Yes, that card was a no-rewards Platinum card for a year when I got it PCed by chance to QS. Excellent reward structure, excellent redemption policy, didn't really need to interact with the CSR much. I mostly use chat and that is a 50-50 thing, but meh. 

Now I did need to use the EO to go from 2k to 4k but to be fair to Cap One, they did take me from 0.5k to 2k on their 6th month. They kept their promise, I kept my loyalty. 

+1. Same story. I'm also still with my first wife, whom I married before I had any credit history!!! ; )

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 24 of 35
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

+1. Same story. I'm also still with my first wife, whom I married before I had any credit history!!! ; )

This post was cute. I did have a laugh! 

Message 25 of 35
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

I too have no complaints about Cap1 credit cards, although I'm ecstatic that I escaped their auto loans. Customer service has generally been decent for me (it's not AMEX, of course, but still tolerable) and they've provided my highest credit limit thus far *shrugs*

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 26 of 35
RBFool
Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Nice! Just try to trade your wife in for something flashier and see what she has to say!

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 27 of 35
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Aside from Capital One raising my APR from 8.9 to 17.9% during the credit crunch of 2009, Capital One has been great to me.  I miss the CapOne rewards mall, but the 1.5% and 0% FTF make it a great card for me.  I use my other cards for their bonus categories the mall points, but CapitalOne for all other things.

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 35
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Bahahaha . If I tried to trade my wife for something flashier, I think she would sock drawer something of mine....if you know what I mean

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 29 of 35
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Oh come on people. Lighten up a little. I apologize if I have offended. None was meant to any one. Sometimes I forget that no one actually knows me in real life, so doesn't get my sense of humor. 

So once again...my apologies

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.