Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one just works

tag
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital one just works

Cap1 improved a lot. They now do auto cli, and do cli other than the steps. Before they would not do any cli whatsoever. They now pc you in some cases without you having to deal with the CEO office. It has become more customer friendly and you can grow the cc, before you needed to reapply. Most of the time I would just go with another lender rather than reapply with them, so yes they now try to retain old customers.

About the declines on another zip code that ain't yours. I'm a truck driver and often do a transaction today in Mas, tomorrow in NY, and a couple days later in TX, Cap1 would decline any transaction over $40-50, even though I called multiple times and explained my job and the transactions in different states, the computer will still decline from time to time. This was before the chip and pin cc. Discover have never declined a transaction regardless if I'm in Cali or NY, but I got a chip and pin with them, so that might help too.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 41 of 48
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Kutuzov wrote:
Cap1 improved a lot. They now do auto cli, and do cli other than the steps. Before they would not do any cli whatsoever. They now pc you in some cases without you having to deal with the CEO office. It has become more customer friendly and you can grow the cc, before you needed to reapply. Most of the time I would just go with another lender rather than reapply with them, so yes they now try to retain old customers.

About the declines on another zip code that ain't yours. I'm a truck driver and often do a transaction today in Mas, tomorrow in NY, and a couple days later in TX, Cap1 would decline any transaction over $40-50, even though I called multiple times and explained my job and the transactions in different states, the computer will still decline from time to time. This was before the chip and pin cc. Discover have never declined a transaction regardless if I'm in Cali or NY, but I got a chip and pin with them, so that might help too.

As to growth, looking for apr reductions.  Chase, and cap one are the only ones that make pulling teeth easier than reducing apr (at least in my line up).  However, I am not making any changes to my portfolio until next April (closures).

Signature needs updating
Message 42 of 48
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Kutuzov wrote:

As to growth, looking for apr reductions.  Chase, and cap one are the only ones that make pulling teeth easier than reducing apr (at least in my line up).  However, I am not making any changes to my portfolio until next April (closures).

That's why I stopped using thier cc. After 2 years with them perfect payment history and 9/10 times pif, they would not do an apr reduction, so I sd it and got a Discover.

Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh..Ugh...and Ugh...You know...sometimes members here just over analyze and cry tears of entitlement...and I just dont get it...so here is my two cents...again...

Lets get the simple stuff out of the way. CLI's are neither a right, nor promise, nor incentive, nor guarantee...regardless of card issuer. I don't care if you have a 1400 fico (Smiley Happy), pay double pif, etc. If they give it to you be thankfull and keep it moving.  If not...keep it moving. Ugh.

Fraud will, at times, bring an issuer out into the light. Something may spook even the most intrepid bank where they may have to stick their head out and check on a few things. Just roll with it...andit will remedy itself.

There are anomalies that randomly occur. It is what it is. If I roll a pair of dice 1000 times I am sure I will hit double sixes back to back once in a while. No real conspiracy here.

NOW...the title of the thread here is "capital one just works"....and, excluding the above referenced, it just does.  What does this mean...well, when you need a a card to work in every state, every country, no fear of aa, max out the cash advance limit, keep on charging, multimple times a day...pay, and repeat...well, here you go. As good as my credit is (and I worked hard to rebuild it back, by the way, after a horrible divorce) I am wary of overusing my barclays, or amex, or chase (Discover you can beat up a little) just b/c I dont trust them...like, I am sure..they dont trust us. NOW...I am sure (SURE) that there will be posts that reference the following:

1. Well...I wouldn't abuse my credit card...not me

2. Well, we are priveliged to have a credit card...the bank owes us nothing

3. Well, I wouldn't run up that kind of balance at 22.45% interest

4. Well, who takes cash advances all the time? (HA)

WELL...THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THE THREAD.  The point is..the card works. Period. Again, excluding that which was first mentioned above, this card will always work. Always. As long as you pay the bill...you will be fine. No fear of CLD..No fear of AA. I wish we would just stop beig so existential when it comes to these threads and just answer them. it makes life a lot easier.

Sorry for the typos. Typing fast b/c i have a meeting soon. Later today i may go to chase and see if I can get a 20K cash advance off my ritz card.  I should be in jail by wednesday.

Gregg

Message 44 of 48
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh..Ugh...and Ugh...You know...sometimes members here just over analyze and cry tears of entitlement...and I just dont get it...so here is my two cents...again...

Lets get the simple stuff out of the way. CLI's are neither a right, nor promise, nor incentive, nor guarantee...regardless of card issuer. I don't care if you have a 1400 fico (Smiley Happy), pay double pif, etc. If they give it to you be thankfull and keep it moving.  If not...keep it moving. Ugh.

Fraud will, at times, bring an issuer out into the light. Something may spook even the most intrepid bank where they may have to stick their head out and check on a few things. Just roll with it...andit will remedy itself.

There are anomalies that randomly occur. It is what it is. If I roll a pair of dice 1000 times I am sure I will hit double sixes back to back once in a while. No real conspiracy here.

NOW...the title of the thread here is "capital one just works"....and, excluding the above referenced, it just does.  What does this mean...well, when you need a a card to work in every state, every country, no fear of aa, max out the cash advance limit, keep on charging, multimple times a day...pay, and repeat...well, here you go. As good as my credit is (and I worked hard to rebuild it back, by the way, after a horrible divorce) I am wary of overusing my barclays, or amex, or chase (Discover you can beat up a little) just b/c I dont trust them...like, I am sure..they dont trust us. NOW...I am sure (SURE) that there will be posts that reference the following:

1. Well...I wouldn't abuse my credit card...not me

2. Well, we are priveliged to have a credit card...the bank owes us nothing

3. Well, I wouldn't run up that kind of balance at 22.45% interest

4. Well, who takes cash advances all the time? (HA)

WELL...THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THE THREAD.  The point is..the card works. Period. Again, excluding that which was first mentioned above, this card will always work. Always. As long as you pay the bill...you will be fine. No fear of CLD..No fear of AA. I wish we would just stop beig so existential when it comes to these threads and just answer them. it makes life a lot easier.

Sorry for the typos. Typing fast b/c i have a meeting soon. Later today i may go to chase and see if I can get a 20K cash advance off my ritz card.  I should be in jail by wednesday.

Gregg

And the other cards work too (I bear no fears that you do).  Smiley Wink. If I am not happy with a card, tis my right to close.

Signature needs updating
Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course...always your right to close...and pleased that ybut throu have no fears...HOWEVER, as to the point of the thread...the card just works...so...it is what it isSmiley Happy

Message 46 of 48
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

GMoney2016, while I agree 90% on what you say (except on the cc working everywhere, it doesn't but my usage is far from the norm), I also have the choice to take my business somewhere else. Right now I believe cap1 has become a great lender, except on the APR reduction department. It's jus a little stone to make it a Awesome lender. 

Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree Kutozov...Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.