Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one online chat!

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Capital one online chat!

Hi

I have had 2 capital one cards since about 2010. Credit steps program, and one credit line increase since. I have hit the button to upgrade to quicksilver several times but to no avail. Tonight I did online chat with Customer service. Asked if my accounts were eligble for upgrade to quicksilver so I could get 1.5 % cash back on everthing.

Much to my suprise he said that both were eligble for an upgrade to quick silver. Now at least I will get cash back if I choose to use them.

Asked for no annual fee, but he said that he couldn't do that, so once the cards come, I will contact EO and ask for no annual fee and CLI on both.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital one online chat!

Congrats on the PC to QS1!  Good luck on the AF waiver request through EO!

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 2 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi

I have had 2 capital one cards since about 2010. Credit steps program, and one credit line increase since. I have hit the button to upgrade to quicksilver several times but to no avail. Tonight I did online chat with Customer service. Asked if my accounts were eligble for upgrade to quicksilver so I could get 1.5 % cash back on everthing.

Much to my suprise he said that both were eligble for an upgrade to quick silver. Now at least I will get cash back if I choose to use them.

Asked for no annual fee, but he said that he couldn't do that, so once the cards come, I will contact EO and ask for no annual fee and CLI on both.

On the upside, they were able to PC to a much better/flexible product.  Unfortunately, the EO.will likely waive the fees, but it will not be on a permanent basis as the accounts were originally approved under the credit steps program.  Something you may need to contact them every year on the AF anniversary date(s).

Message 3 of 25
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Thanks  for your imput

I will have to set reminder on my phone each year so I can save 39 x 2.  Hope they will be more givin with CLi with Quicksilver, has any had success with CLI with this product, versus the platnum version.

Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 25
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi

On the upside, they were able to PC to a much better/flexible product.  Unfortunately, the EO.will likely waive the fees, but it will not be on a permanent basis as the accounts were originally approved under the credit steps program.  Something you may need to contact them every year on the AF anniversary date(s).

So accounts that were in the credit steps program won't have the AF waived permanently or is it a YMMV type of situation?

I had my AF waived and they assured me it would be permanent.

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 5 of 25
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Have you found it easier to get a more decent CLI since upgrading Apinzon2374?

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 6 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Apinzon2374 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi

So accounts that were in the credit steps program won't have the AF waived permanently or is it a YMMV type of situation?

I had my AF waived and they assured me it would be permanent.

IIRC, they are not permanently removed but it's one of those case by case scenarios or YEMV.  However, some folks have had some success in getting it removed somehow.  I guess it would depend on how the product was coded from the get-go since their policies do change from time to time.  For example, a long while ago, you could combine accounts/CLs, can't do so anymore.  Also, secured CCs could graduate in the past, not anymore.

Message 7 of 25
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Well, CapOne has shown some luv to cardholders recently so perhaps they are reevaluating accounts and some are pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  My guess is that the EO has been overwhelmed with requests that the frontline CSR's have no ability to grant such requests like waiving AF's and CLI's.  All my success has been through EO and as that may annoy some that is fine by me...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

However, any HSBC product that has been converted (and I know you don't have one, just a datapoint) seems to not be eligible for PCing to QS but can be converted to QS1 (my observation and experience).  So since you have a credit steps card, with good use and payment history it is possible to get CLI's.  When you contact EO, request that your limit is at least $3k as that is the minimum limit of a QS card (not QS1) if your limits are below that threshold.  It worked for me but YEMV.

Again, congrats on the PC!

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 8 of 25
traveler2005
Established Contributor

what is the difference between the QS and QS1  ???

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 9 of 25
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

what is the difference between the QS and QS1  ???

QS = no AF (for excellent credit)

QS1 = AF (for average credit)

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.