Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one payments

I paid my account online Saturday on their site for 304.11. Today I saw that 304.11 from capital one hit my bank account three times, is there someone besides the c s r supervisor I should ask for on phone? Do they have US reps?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital one payments

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid my accountonline Saturday on their site for 304.11. Today I saw that 304.11 from capital one hit my bank account three times, is there someone besides the c s r supervisor I should ask for on phone? Do they have US reps?

Ouch!  That's lousy... The last couple of times I've called Capital One I've gotten a U.S. CSR right from the beginning; when they answered they gave their name and the city they were located in.  It was actually quite pleasant...

I hope they are able to get your issue resolved quickly.  In the past I have used various credit card online payment options (most recently with Amex) but I generally prefer to use my own bank's bill pay to 'push' the payment since it gives me a bit more control.  Regardless, doing a triple-payment is one heck of an error.

Please let us know how they resolve it for you.  Lately lots of people (myself included) have been praising Capital One for their improved CSRs, and I hope the trend will continue with your call. 

Keep us posted!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid my account online Saturday on their site for 304.11. Today I saw that 304.11 from capital one hit my bank account three times, is there someone besides the c s r supervisor I should ask for on phone? Do they have US reps?

CAP 1 does have US phone reps.  What you should do is contact your bank ASAP and have them take care of it if you are worried about calling CAP 1.

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CAP 1 does have US phone reps.  What you should do is contact your bank ASAP and have them take care of it if you are worried about calling CAP 1.

This is excellent advice... since the erroneous payments were via ACH 'pull' you can have them 'backed out' by your bank quite easily; there shoudn't even be a service charge.  All you have to tell them is that two of the payments were "not authorized" (those are the key words to mention) and they should be able to easily reverse them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.