Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one platinum Mastercard

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Capital one platinum Mastercard

JUst received a offer from capital one platium Mastercard is this a good card to get? I have a car loan with them. I forgot what credit bureau they pull. Do they give good credit increases.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one platinum Mastercard

They will pull all 3 bureaus.  Since it's a platium I assume you will be enrolled in the credit steps program, meaning if you make all your payments on time for 6 months they will automatically give you a CLI. When I got my Quicksilver they told me they would increase my limit from $1,000 to $2,000 if I made my payments on time.  They ended up increasing it to $5,000 instead.....as far as CLI's other than credit steps I don't know yet.

Message 2 of 10
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Cardsfan1 I didnt know it was a credit step card. I will pass on that. I have 698 on equifax went down  when inquiry hit for dicover last week transunion 700 and experian 680 my lowest. Why would they give me that offer. I just got approved for discover 4400 and usaa for 7000 and sears for 2500 last week,

Message 3 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@elaine829 wrote:

Cardsfan1 I didnt know it was a credit step card. I will pass on that. I have 700 on equifax 698 on transunion went down from 700 when inquiry hit for dicover last week and experian 680 my lowest. Why would they give me that offer. I just got approved for discover 4400 and usaa for 7000 and sears for 2500 last week,

Where did you get the offer?  With your scores, you should be eligible for Venture and the Quicksilver Visa.

If you haven't already, check the Capital One pre-qual site... it will tell you specifically what you're eligible for, and the APRs as well. 

Just like it's been mentioned, if you 'pull the trigger', there will be a HP on each credit bureau.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elaine829 wrote:

JUst received a offer from capital one platium Mastercard is this a good card to get? I have a car loan with them. I forgot what credit bureau they pull. Do they give good credit increases.

I would not take that card; I would save the time and get the Quicksilver Mastercard, not the Quicksilver One MC. No AF and 1.5% cash back.

Message 5 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@elaine829 wrote:

I would not take that card; I would save the time and get the Quicksilver Mastercard, not the Quicksilver One MC. No AF and 1.5% cash back.

I agree, but since the Quicksilver MasterCard can't be directly applied for she should give the Quicksilver Visa a look.  Smiley Wink

(Unfortunately, the only way to get the Quicksilver MasterCard is to PC into it from another MasterCard product.)

Message 6 of 10
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I received that offer in email. I assume since i have a car loan with them thats why they sent it because im opt out on credit bureaus.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check their online pre-qualify site.  It won't hurt your credit to just see if they have an offer online for you.  They won't HP you until you actually accept an offer and apply.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@elaine829 wrote:

I agree, but since the Quicksilver MasterCard can't be directly applied for she should give the Quicksilver Visa a look.  Smiley Wink

(Unfortunately, the only way to get the Quicksilver MasterCard is to PC into it from another MasterCard product.)

I see.

elaine829, in April 2015 I was approved for the Capital One Platinum at $39.99 AF but free for the first year. I then PC'd this card to the Capital One Quicksilver One MC because the online rep insisted that I can't get a no AF MC. But within 4-5 months I'll be able to PC the card to the Capital Quicksilver MC with no AF and 1.5% cash back.

For some odd reason the rep had reduced the $39.99 AF to $19.00 for the Quicksilver One MC.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elaine829 wrote:

I received that offer in email. I assume since i have a car loan with them thats why they sent it because im opt out on credit bureaus.

If you opted out from snail mail pre-qualified offers, that is odd.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.