cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one product change just after one month !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one product change just after one month !

i thought i would let people know that even just after a month of getting platinum master card , one can pc it to a quicksilver without AF. i did not know how soon one can go for the product change , (how long to wait after applying and receiving the platinum master card ). i needed a reason to use the card heavily so that i can get a good CLI later after credit steps. it worked . i tried before in feb  they did not have any offer to upgrade ( i applied for the platinum master card on feb 6th) . and today on march 7th they had ! Smiley Wink exactly after a month . i love capital one. especially their 1.5%rewards on everything.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one product change just after one month !

That was my experience.  I applied for VentureOne, but I was able to PC to QuickSilver before the first statement even closed.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome! thats amazing Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked today if the wife's platinum could get PCd and there wasn't an offer. she has had it for almost a month, no statement has posted yet. So, after the first statement cuts, I'll try again! Glad to see others reporting quick PCs on the platinum a lately

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes may be after the first statement , she will have the offer . Good luck!

Message 5 of 15
rebound2014
Contributor

My wife is still on a Platinum (8-9 months in)... where are y'all finding the offers when available?  Would it be under "Services"?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

for my two cards that i have PCd i never found any offers under modify your card features online. i have successfully done product changes from live chat. the offer those customer representatives pull are different than what we see online. they seem to get offers to upgrade while we cannot see them online. try that ,you might be able to pc your wife's cards

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rebound2014 wrote:

My wife is still on a Platinum (8-9 months in)... where are y'all finding the offers when available?  Would it be under "Services"?

Start a chat with them and ask if there are any offers for the card.

Message 8 of 15
rebound2014
Contributor

Cool. Thanks!  Smiley Happy

It's great, she's an accountant and currently preparing to go back for her masters and CPA... yet I'm the financial planner and money manager of our house. I'll log in and see what I can find out (She never even bothered to learn/know/ask for her own log-in info lol)

Message 9 of 15
919Rissa
Valued Member

I tried this past Sunday, the day after my first statement date. I got shut down lol no offers, Check back in a few weeks. But i've just received my email alert maybe an hour ago about my statement. should I try now? oR should I just wait until the next statement?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.