Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one put fraud alert. No apparent reason

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one put fraud alert. No apparent reason

Yesterday they said the same thing to me that it was a "fraud" case and I asked the same exact thing!! If they think it's fraud why is my other two account not restricted and my 360 checking okay. When I asked the guy that he acted like he was shocked about the other cards being okay. He even checked and came back saying they were okay. Then he tried to say it must of been a very high purchase that caused the system to only flag that one card or somewhere that caused concern I said no it was only $300 and at a store 5 minutes down the street where I have used my other two Cap One Mastercards before.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The funny thing to is that they said it was probably the purchase I tried to make that caused the restriction (because my other cards were fine) but not once did they ask me about the transactions. Not once did they ask me if I tried to make that purchase. All they wanted me to do was send over proof of my identity but what if (even though it's my card) someone tried to use it, they didnt ask one thing about the transaction that got declined as well as the transaction I made before that (that one went through) I asked the guy I said (I am genuinely curious about this) I have no problem faxing over the paperwork but I don't know what transaction you guys are questioning and not once has anyone asked me if I made or tried to make that purchase

The guy then told me after I faxed the documents over I will get a call from the "fraud" department who will then ask me questions about the purchase. Well when the lady called me back all she said was that she got my documents and was able to verify my statement wih my bank and that she lifted the restriction on my card and I can now use it. Never asked me any questions about the questionable purchase or purchase attempt. She did ask me if I received my card yet in the mail and activated it?? That's when I told her I had the card and the CSR told me it was a purchase that caused this then she just said oh okay well you can use your card now!!?? So weird. I'm very glad that it gotten taken care of so quick but it was a very strang experience. The only way I knew about the restriction was logging into my account and next to my venture card was a message to call because the card was restricted. No one called me or anything
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

But to answer your question (sorry about my long post I just wanted to give you my detailed experience lol) but for me they emailed me a link to take a picture and upload my ID SScard and bank statement. I got that email right away and uploaded my documents right away. For me it only took about a hour for them to remove my restriction. Someone honestly called me about 10 minutes after I emailed them but had to wait till my bank statement came through and ended up calling me back couple minutes later telling me received it, verified it and removed the restriction so for me probably less then a hour if not a hour at most. After she told me she removed the restriction I logged in and the restriction message was gone. So for me it was very quick compared to the guy telling me 1-2 days.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.