Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one question

For the last 2 months or so Ive had a solid Capital congratz offer for the Venture card at 17.24%. I havent applied for it because im getting a house right now thou today I looked to see if the offer was any better and they did not show me with any offers. Nothing has changed on my credit report other than my utilization went from 4% to 7% scores are the same is this normal? Do the offers come and go on a time bases? I would like the card in the next 60 days or so when i close on a mortgage. There isnt even any credit pulls on my report in the last 7 months so I find this weird is this normal?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one question

From everything I've read on these boards, Cap1 Prequals are solid if they say you are approved for a certain card. Meaning, they won't tell you you're approved and then deny you when you apply. On the converse, people don't get the congrats message on the prequal site and cold app, getting approved for the card even though they weren'te matched with any offers. 

If your profile looks good and you were previously offered the card, I would think you stand a good shot at getting the card once you close on your house. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is no since of urgency, I would wait until you get the offer again. You can always cold app for the card, but your interest rate could be much higher. 17.24% is nothing to sneeze at with regards to Cap 1. Best of luck to you! Please come back and update your thread with the outcome.
Message 3 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

the offer will either come back or your reports will be in great shape to yeild an approval for a capitalone venture! 

Message 4 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've never had luck with CapOne's prequal.  Always says it couldn't match me to a card...but I've received all of my cards from them via cold app'ing.  It's all about knowing you profile.  Best of luck if and when you do decide to apply.  

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do the offers come and go on a time bases?

It's more about credit profile.  Get your mortgage finalized and then worry about cards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.