Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one secure

tag
brother7
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one secure

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a letter from Cap1 that my secured card was going to be converted to a regular card. It said that Cap1 no longer had secure cards. I am not sure what that was all about, was going to wait till January to find out. 

My friend applied for and was approved for a Capital One Secured MasterCard last week. She made her $49 deposit and should be receiving her $200 CL card within 2 weeks.

The Secured MasterCard is still advertised on Capital One's website and the "Apply Now" button still works.

If true, Capital One discontinuing secured cards is news to me. I'd be interested to learn how this may affect my friend who was recently approved.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caitt wrote:
Will take that into mind
Thanks
I'm so new to this.
Do you have credit check total?

Yes, I'm signed up for CCT.  I get my FICO TU from Walmart, Barclays, and Discover card.  I purchase 1B  EQ report monthly to have accurate update of my scores.

Message 12 of 28
Caitt
Regular Contributor

Does your Experian update slow? I got a fast alert through CK about my HP from CO, but it's not shown on CCT. I also believe I have a cancelled baddie. No updates
Message 13 of 28
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Yeah the capital one secured card, always showed up as platinum mastercard, when I had it. My card had a AF, so I got rid of it when I was offered the QS. As far as they getting rid of the secured card, I'm not sure. They might, due to there new credit rebuilder card, that just came out, which is far better than a secured card in my opinion!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caitt wrote:
Does your Experian update slow? I got a fast alert through CK about my HP from CO, but it's not shown on CCT. I also believe I have a cancelled baddie. No updates

Yes, but I think it is because of my profile and EX is less forgiving of my baddies.  When the last collection falls off, I expect my score on EX to go up and move past 700.  As I don't plan on applying for anything else, especially TU lenders, then it should increase too.

Message 15 of 28
Caitt
Regular Contributor

I will be joining the gardening club in January. No more apping until my mortgage
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a wise decision.  I plan to go there in January. I may need to use a HP to maybe see about  an increase on my Macy'!s card.  Haven't decided yet, but will before year's end. Good luck.  As they say in Star Wars, "May the force be with you".Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 28
Caitt
Regular Contributor

And also with you!
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it wasn't possible to change a secured card to unsecured.

Message 19 of 28
ryox03
Regular Contributor

I have received the letter stating the deposits will no longer be allowed but it never mentioned anything about a PC to regular platinum or anything like that. The ability to make a deposit is still there in my portal. I keep it at a zero balance in hopes that the rumors are true and I can just combine it into my QS or QS1.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.