cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one secured auto turning to Plat?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one secured auto turning to Plat?

I was checking out the account, and noticed that my secured card now says Plat. I was reading the forums and noticed that a lot of people said is near impossible to convert it over.....and it looks like they just did it without me asking?

Has anyone had anything like that happen?

Besides my utilization rate being damaged, all the rest is pretty clean now and Ive been trying to build up so I can get extra lines of credit to help with it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one secured auto turning to Plat?

Not to burst your bubble but its a "platinum" card anyhow. It doesnt graduate. Its still a secured card. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to burst your bubble but its a "platinum" card anyhow. It doesnt graduate. Its still a secured card. 

+1

No offense...it's kinda cute...this issue has been there done that already Smiley Wink

Just busting your chops but like the above poster says they have ALWAYS been platinum and

have never had SECURED stamped on them anywhere

only you and them wopuld know the difference between a 'secured' plat and an unsecured plat, especially regarding the outline

platform.

I WISH they would convert them, it's about the largest 'hole' in getting the Cap1 secured b/c it GUARANTEES that you''l have to

a) close it at some point causing another triple pull if want to further the relationship or

b) close it and have no Cap-1 account

IMO they do themselves and clients a dis-service by not correcting this glaring issue........

Message 3 of 5
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

Yea I noticed that a couple weeks ago with my card and I was thinking the same thing, but no.  I checked with them and they said secured cards don't graduate to being an unsecured Platinum.  I just look forward to getting a couple unsecured ones, then transferring my balance and closing the secured one.

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, thats what I thought, the only reason I 2nd guessed it was because the name and picture changed from what it was to start with. Used to say something around the lines of "Secured cap1" and the picture was different... Must of changed when they updated the site.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.