Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one update

tag
Butter41
Established Member

Capital one update

I just thought that I would let everyone know that I went online at Capital one to check and see if I was eligible for any upgrades. The site said no.

well, i thought about it and decided to facebook the EO and when they called me back, they said I was eligible for a PC from my platinum card to the quicksilver. I said, your site said I wasn't eligible, what gives? They told me that wasn't true and immediately PC'd everything over. He told me I would be eligible to hit the luv button in 6 months on the new quicksilver. I went ahead and asked for a massive credit increase (currently at $1250). I was told they would get back with me in 3 or 4 days.

So, if you want the quicksilver, call and check. The capital one site isn't accurate, apparently.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital one update

You can convert a card to a Quicksilver without an annual fee even if you don't have a $5,000 line? I am going to try.

Message 2 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Butter41 wrote:

I just thought that I would let everyone know that I went online at Capital one to check and see if I was eligible for any upgrades. The site said no.

well, i thought about it and decided to facebook the EO and when they called me back, they said I was eligible for a PC from my platinum card to the quicksilver. I said, your site said I wasn't eligible, what gives? They told me that wasn't true and immediately PC'd everything over. He told me I would be eligible to hit the luv button in 6 months on the new quicksilver. I went ahead and asked for a massive credit increase (currently at $1250). I was told they would get back with me in 3 or 4 days.

So, if you want the quicksilver, call and check. The capital one site isn't accurate, apparently.

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 26
learnandlearn
Established Member

@Butter41 wrote:

Sent an email to the EO on Sunday and got a call from a lovely lady on Tuesday. I asked for a PC to Quicksilver of my Platinum Cards...done.

I also asked for a CLI of $10k max. and $8.8k min. which align with my other cards limit. The CLI request is under review by underwriters and will know in 2-3 days.

I am happy that I got the call and also with the PC...will update the CLI status later.

Message 4 of 26
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats on your pc! Smiley Happy hopefully a nice cli too boot!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 26
Lilsnukems
Valued Member

Sent an email to the EO on Friday evening, recieved a call from a really nice lady yesterday evening at almost 8pm. I asked for a CL of $5,000, PC to Quicksilver, and a reduced APR. She said it will take 2-3 days to process my request. Kicking myself that I didn't ask for a limit of $10,000 (which is what I really wanted). Keeping my fingers crossed that I get everything I asked for. 

TU FICO: 744 (updated 1/2014) , VantageScore: 760 (updated 7/19/13)
51.5K Total limit with 12.36% utilization, Income 44K
BOA Better Balance Rewards: 10K, CapOne: 5K, BOA Cash Rewards: 10K, Discover It: 8.2K, 1FBUSA: 8.3K, AMEX BCP: 10K
Goals: 800+ FICO score, minimum 10K credit limit on all cards
Message 6 of 26
Lilsnukems
Valued Member

**Update: Just checked my Capital One account online and saw that I was granted the $5000 credit limit that I requested (Up from $2000). Considering I've had the card for 9 years, I should have asked for more. Hoping I get the PC to Quicksilver and reduced APR as well.

TU FICO: 744 (updated 1/2014) , VantageScore: 760 (updated 7/19/13)
51.5K Total limit with 12.36% utilization, Income 44K
BOA Better Balance Rewards: 10K, CapOne: 5K, BOA Cash Rewards: 10K, Discover It: 8.2K, 1FBUSA: 8.3K, AMEX BCP: 10K
Goals: 800+ FICO score, minimum 10K credit limit on all cards
Message 7 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 26
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Lilsnukems wrote:

**Update: Just checked my Capital One account online and saw that I was granted the $5000 credit limit that I requested (Up from $2000). Considering I've had the card for 9 years, I should have asked for more. Hoping I get the PC to Quicksilver and reduced APR as well.

nice!!! congrats on the cli! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 26
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Way to go

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.