Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one?

One of my Cap 1 cards has a cutoff/due by date of the 2nd - and the statements come through on the 5th. And it usually reports to the CRAs within a few days after that.

Message 11 of 22
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I havent gotten the card yet as i was just approved yesterday, but where/when do i check for that? Sorry i am still quite new to all of this. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Initial paperwork should say it. If not, you can call and ask them when your billing cycle ends. Or it'll show it to you once you register your card online. If it doesn't, you can go under the Customer Service tab and click 'change due date' and it'll show you what your current due date is.

Basically how it seems to work is that the due date is X date and the closing/statement date is always 3 days after that.

Message 13 of 22
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Sweet! you rock! so, i need just pay it off before that due date? 

Very nice Smiley Very Happy 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 14 of 22
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous_vanskike wrote:

Sweet! you rock! so, i need just pay it off before that due date? 

Very nice Smiley Very Happy 

Perhaps you have it, but I think this has gotten confused.  Saying that the statement close date is a couple days after the due date, is confusing the due date for the previous month with the current month's close date.  Let's think about it for November.  Whatever date your bill gets printed is the statement close date.  Let's say that is tomorrow.  You'll then have a due date for that payment a few weeks later.  But once that statement prints, whatever the balance on that statement reads, that is what is getting reported to the CRAs.  You want to pay off that balance before the due date, but it isn't going to change what they report.

The simplest way to think about this is to ignore the due date.  Just know what day your bill gets printed.  Make your payments a few days before that so that when the bill prints, the balance on the bill is whatever you want it to be.  In your case, for a 300CL, less than $27.  Due dates don't really factor into this.  The due date is important because you need to pay at least the minimum payment, preferrably the entire remaining balance, by the due date.  But making your payment by the due is not going to change the fact that they have already reported the balance that was printed on your bill. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 22
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I understand that. 

I will always pay off before the due date Smiley Very Happy 

Message 16 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Also with Capital One you can pick your own due date on the web so if a paticular date of the month is better you can change that yourself, however it does take a billing cycle to update

Message 17 of 22
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

thats great! Smiley Happy

In 6 months they bumped my fiance's credit limit from 500 - 1250! .... crazy

Message 18 of 22
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Are those really your scores ? And  they approved you with those numbers ? WOW..... I would make heavy use of that card , especially with the intro finance rate, you may be on to something good with them I would run with them for all its worth.....

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 19 of 22
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I defaulted on two cards with them not but almost 4 years ago, and yes they still approved me ... LOL... crazy huh? 

I want to show them and anyone else who looks at my report that even though i have avail credit, i am not abusing it. 

In addition i am not getting the card to have the credit available, i am getting it to rebuild my credit...

And yes, those are my lender pulled scores lol. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.