Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Capital one

Just a trivial thing, capital one's quicksilver card looks cheap and I'm constantly asked by merchants if it's real or not and how thin it is. I was wondering does the quality of the card appearance improve if I do the custom image option on the card. Once again, this is very trivial but I was just curious. Thanks
Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one

If you get an Image Card, it has the raised numbers and is slightly thicker. That's what I have and yes it feels more real.

You may not want to bother at this point though. They are rolling out EMV cards soon and the EMV card (which has the default design) appears to have raised numbers so it probably feels more real. As far as I know, Image Card will be going away when EMV is fully rolled out (although Cap One's website claims they will make it available eventually...I don't see them producing custom chip cards for everyone, they will probably limit the image selection or something).

Message 2 of 12
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

QS cards look like those Walmart debit cards that come in the packet when first purchased at the counter. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 3 of 12
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Ohhh ok, I see. Any idea when the EMV will become available? Is it for all their cards.. Is it an automatic upgrade to that chip or does one need to call in and request it. Yeah, I've seen those walmart cards. As long as it has raised letters and alittle thicker, I dont mind. As of right now, the card apearance  is horrendous. Thanks

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 4 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I've heard of a few people with the EMV. I imagine you can call and request it, but I know they were sending them out to some people without request. Either way I am quite sure they will roll them all out by the end of the summer or so, before the liability shift. When the full roll out happens, it typically is an automatic thing.

Message 5 of 12
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

CapOne is providing us with EMV cards at their own pace. We're unable to request it as of now Smiley Sad

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 6 of 12
black_citi
Established Contributor

I have the emv in my qs visa. It has the raised numbers. I still think the card looks cheap but its miles apart from my qs mc.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my Cap One cards was just updated with the chip card, the other is still non chip. The funny thing is on my account the card with the chip has the old non chip image and my non chip shows a card with the chip. It may have something to do with expiration date of the card as the new chipped card was due to expire in June and the other was just replaced last December so it has a couple years.

Message 8 of 12
yfan
Valued Contributor

The quality of the image cards is better, yes. I have two Cap One QS cards, both as image cards.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a QS Visa Signature about a month ago and it came with the EMV chip..

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.