Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one

Called capital one today and ask for an increase again. Was told by cs that they are starting to give increases to those who show they need it. He said the best way to get increases is to get close to your cl and then pay it down when the bill is due. He said it shows them that you need more credit.

He recomened I pay my monthly bills on it and then pay it off with the money I was going to use to pay my bills with so it shows that I need a higher limit.

He also said to use it on a varity of stuff other than just bills (gas, grocerys etc) so it does not look like you are just doing it to get a higher limit.

I am going to try it and see.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one

@Anonymous wrote:

Called capital one today and ask for an increase again. Was told by cs that they are starting to give increases to those who show they need it. He said the best way to get increases is to get close to your cl and then pay it down when the bill is due. He said it shows them that you need more credit.

He recomened I pay my monthly bills on it and then pay it off with the money I was going to use to pay my bills with so it shows that I need a higher limit.

He also said to use it on a varity of stuff other than just bills (gas, grocerys etc) so it does not look like you are just doing it to get a higher limit.

Thanks for the post.  I'm going to try this.  My statement just cut, so I'm going to charge $500 against my $750 CL and PIF at the end of the month.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actually been doing this every month. My statement is set to cut on Tuesday and I am going to PIF on Friday and call Monday and ask for a CLI.

Message 3 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

Gadixie-  I charged $433 on my Cap 1 card.  I'm going to PIF at the end of month.  When should I call to ask for a CLI?  
Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This advice was given by one of the highly trained CSR's we've come to know and love and trust?????

Sorry....... my cynicism hijacked my fingers and typed that.  Smiley Wink

I'm back in control now.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the backdoor number 800-889-9939
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.