Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital1-Close account!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital1-Close account!

How would I know that they really closed the account? I called them to close on Friday but until now I still can go to my online account. Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital1-Close account!

McIvay wrote:
How would I know that they really closed the account? I called them to close on Friday but until now I still can go to my online account. Thanks!

I can still go to every CC online account that I have closed. I don't know how long they keep them in there database, but they all still have the CL, but say $0.00 credit available. They are probably  waiting for me to come crawling back, so they can charge me a fee to reopen. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can still go to every CC online account that I have closed. I don't know how long they keep them in there database, but they all still have the CL, but say $0.00 credit available. They are probably waiting for me to come crawling back, so they can charge me a fee to reopen. Smiley Happy

How many months now since you cancel your account?
Message 3 of 9
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy I did cancel some cards , they told me 30 or 45 report to CRAs . Yeah I check my online account all of them still show . but they send letter to me  . your account close please detroy your card thank you
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled three cards on Aug. 27. They are still showing open with available credit on the website. I called them again and they said 30 days before they actually cancel..."Cooling off" period?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind...just checked again and they are all gone!!!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darnit...their system must have been down...they're back...
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are also waiting for anything to do an auth on the account- then then can re-open it.

Available credit is zero and the balance is zero right??
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
They are also waiting for anything to do an auth on the account- then then can re-open it.

Available credit is zero and the balance is zero right??

Not sure if you were speaking to me but. Once again today, the accounts are showing the actual $$$ limits with balance $0.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.