cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne CLI question, help me choose!

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: CapitalOne CLI question, help me choose!

I agree! Take it! That's a nice bump!
Message 11 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Yes take the money and run! When they offer me 1000 on my Venture i didn't think twice any increase is better then nothing lol

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 12 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@rockbttm442 wrote:
I agree take the increase and then combine your limit to one card in March.

+1

Once you take the increase, it will also help your utilization (assuming you don't take advantage of the new available credit!)

If you're considering merging the accounts in the future, I would go for one last CLI on each account before doing so.  A CLI shouldn't impact your merger, but if you merge first it could impact you getting a CLI on the newly 'merged' account. 

Just my 2¢  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would take the increase, it's a nice bump and like others have said, it will help your utilization!

Message 14 of 15
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I beg to differ but OP if I were you, I'll definitely WAIT. You maybe leaving some serious $$$$ on the table that is potentially hindered by ur current utilization on the card. If your able to significantly pay off ur balance on or before Dec 31st, I'll say just chill and try for an increase then. Chances are you may get a better offer and  by June 2016 u will be eligible for another increase while ur account has aged some. I say this cos we both in the same boat. They also offering me a $1k increase on my Venture One with a $6,000 balance on a $7500 limit which I've declined. I definitely know they can do better (same scenario with my Venture that later ended up with a $3k increase up from $400 offer). My plan is to wait till Oct/Nov my projected payoff date and request an increase then. I'll report back with any changes. But at the end of the day, the ultimate decision is on u so choose wisely.

image.jpg

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.