Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Credit Card Statement Question

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

CapitalOne Credit Card Statement Question

Hi there, I was looking over my CapitalOne Quicksilver credit card statement today and I noticed something different. I do not ever take out cash advances from credit cards but my previous statement said credit available for cash $1250 and total credit limit equals $2000.

My new statement says total credit available for cash $0 and total credit limit equals $2000.

Does that mean I no longer have the option (although I am fine without it) or does that mean my total limit $2000 is available for cash?

Just wondering, if anyone has some insight I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: CapitalOne Credit Card Statement Question

sounds like they made a change to your cash advance limit to 0

Message 2 of 8
ambivalent
Established Contributor

It sounds like they took away cash advances for you.  Has your report changed at all?

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 3 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

It is weird because my credit report has only gotten better. They recently upgraded me to Quicksilver Rewards and increased my credit limit 2 months ago. 

Message 4 of 8
BottomRanker
New Contributor

The website has two different fields for this:

• Available Cash
  • Cash Limit

Which field are you trying to refer to?  Also, is it possible your balance/utilization is higher than your cash limit?

Message 5 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Last month my statement said available cash $1250 and Cash Limit $1250

This month they both say $0.

My balence is zero and paid in full from last month. 

Message 6 of 8
jim44
Established Contributor

That is strange.  I've never heard of  that happening before.  Maybe a glitch? 

Message 7 of 8
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Hi there, I was looking over my CapitalOne Quicksilver credit card statement today and I noticed something different. I do not ever take out cash advances from credit cards but my previous statement said credit available for cash $1250 and total credit limit equals $2000.

My new statement says total credit available for cash $0 and total credit limit equals $2000.

Does that mean I no longer have the option (although I am fine without it) or does that mean my total limit $2000 is available for cash?

Just wondering, if anyone has some insight I would appreciate it. Thanks!

This got me curious so I checked my QS statements as well, from what I can tell they jump around a bit.  This month I have $0 available for cash advance on card 1 and on card 2 I have $2000 (my entire limit).  Last month I had $1250 for card 1 and $1250 for card 2, the month before that...$500 bucks on both.  My scores and credit have also done nothing but climb and improve...interesting thats for sure. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.