Regular Contributor

Re: CapitalOne Product Change (Platinum to Venture?)

I did a PC through the online chat Friday (It took forever about 30 minutes).  I went from Cap One No Cash Rewards 1% cashback 2% gas/groceries to the Cash Rewards 1% plus 50% bonus.  It's a world mastercard with $5000 from 3/2009.  They changed it without affecting the opening date and no hard pull.  I then told them I know you guys never do credit line increases but can we try for 10k.  Of course it was denied with a letter stating "A credit limit increase on your account is not currently available upon request",  I think Cap1 really has a business strategy of approving people for CLI if they're more risky.  I've heard of people maxing out cards and getting a CLI where I've never carried over 25% and never got a CLI.  Also they approved me for this card in 09 at a 5000 limit with very limited credit history and a 145000 mortgage started in the November before.  Looking back now it was very risky for them to give me a card with 5000 with only about 2-3 months of a new mortgage history.

Established Contributor

Is Capital One finally doing PC??

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Established Member

i haven't called in yet this morning for the pc but for the call on whether i could pc or not, i used: 1-800-955-7070

Valued Contributor

Hmm.  Food for future thought in my case.

I've got two Cap One Platinum cards...both are still at zero percent...intro offers...maybe when that expires, I'll try to PC...  :smileyhappy:

Current Scores: EX: 615, TU08: 639, EQ: 607. 04/01/2015.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Mega Contributor

tcbofade wrote:

I've got two Cap One Platinum cards...both are still at zero percent...intro offers...maybe when that expires, I'll try to PC...  :smileyhappy:

With you having 2 they may do it, how long have you had them and have you ever been late?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor

LS2982 wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

With you having 2 they may do it, how long have you had them and have you ever been late?

I got one in June of 2011, and the other in September of 11.

...both have high utilization  (because of the zero percent), but NEVER late on either of them. 

Current Scores: EX: 615, TU08: 639, EQ: 607. 04/01/2015.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Mega Contributor

tcbofade wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

I got one in June of 2011, and the other in September of 11.

...both have high utilization  (because of the zero percent), but NEVER late on either of them. 

I would say garden those for a year and get the util. down and say a couple of prayers before hand while watching 30 Rock and the Jimmy Fallon show at the same time and call for the PC!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.