cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne: Which card VISA, which card WEMC?

tag
taekwon
Regular Contributor

Re: CapitalOne: Which card VISA, which card WEMC?

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Are you actually going to use the benfits or is it mainly cosmetic? I dont have any C1 cards but if you think you are going to really use the added benefits i say just try to get that specific card that you want , whether its through pc , combining or straight appingSmiley Happy. Sorry if im no help but figured id lend a bumpSmiley Happy

Thanks for your contribution. I appreciate it. I would use the hotel benefits with the 100 dollar on spa and stuff. Maybe the Venture because it has 2 points instead of 1.5% cash which will all be going towards travel anyway.

Anyone concur?

If so, I will combine my two current cards to Quicksilver and pickup a new venture. Try to double app and maybe come out with 2 Ventures and combine later for a bigger limit.

I've brought this up a few times, most people are sleeping on the hotel benefits of WEMC. It also gets you upgrades like FHR.

You cannot double app anymore with Capital One, they recently introduced a rule that apps must be 90 days apart. If I were you, I would app for the Venture to get the bigger bonus and better rewards (2% vs 1.5%) then PC to the QS before the AF is due.

I just received my second Venture card yesterday and that is my plan. I will end up with 1 QS VS and 1 QS WEMC. 

I'm still new to the forum, seeking a little advice. Do you think I could PC my cap1 platinum to a cap1 WEMC? I've had my Venture for about 7 weeks now.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 11 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@taekwon wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Are you actually going to use the benfits or is it mainly cosmetic? I dont have any C1 cards but if you think you are going to really use the added benefits i say just try to get that specific card that you want , whether its through pc , combining or straight appingSmiley Happy. Sorry if im no help but figured id lend a bumpSmiley Happy

Thanks for your contribution. I appreciate it. I would use the hotel benefits with the 100 dollar on spa and stuff. Maybe the Venture because it has 2 points instead of 1.5% cash which will all be going towards travel anyway.

Anyone concur?

If so, I will combine my two current cards to Quicksilver and pickup a new venture. Try to double app and maybe come out with 2 Ventures and combine later for a bigger limit.

I've brought this up a few times, most people are sleeping on the hotel benefits of WEMC. It also gets you upgrades like FHR.

You cannot double app anymore with Capital One, they recently introduced a rule that apps must be 90 days apart. If I were you, I would app for the Venture to get the bigger bonus and better rewards (2% vs 1.5%) then PC to the QS before the AF is due.

I just received my second Venture card yesterday and that is my plan. I will end up with 1 QS VS and 1 QS WEMC. 

I'm still new to the forum, seeking a little advice. Do you think I could PC my cap1 platinum to a cap1 WEMC? I've had my Venture for about 7 weeks now.

Welcome to the myFICO forums!  Smiley Happy

With Capital One, you can only get WEMC by applying for it directly.  However, if you have a MasterCard, once your credit line is $5k or higher if you PC to a different account type the new card usually comes as a WMC (historically speaking).

Note that if you have the Venture (or Venture One) Visa it will remain a Visa... at this time, Capital One doesn't move accounts from one network to the other.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still learning about the hotel benefits of WEMC. What is the $100 benefit you were talking about and the free breakfast for 2 instead of one?

I read through some of the paperwork on it, but it's a lot, lol.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

what are your 3 fico scores, where are they from, what is your aaoa, and util?  if you only have these cards, and scores high 600s or >700 you should be seeking cards elsewhere.

Message 14 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

RE: Capital one cards

I have three cards atm. Quicksilver MC, Quicksilver VS, and Venture VS. 

I was wondering If I combine them and apply to get a WEMC, which would be better, the Venture or Quicksilver, displaying the logo of WEMC? Benefits are slightly better on the WEMC for hotels I have read, with 2 ppl having free breakfast compared to the VS, just for that person and a $100 credit versus VS with a $25 credit. The Venture is already one of my sexiest cards as VS. I was thinking the WEMC should go to the quicksilver.

Anyone say different?

Basically, WEMC for Venture or WEMC for Quicksilver? Knowing whatever you choose the other will be VS.

Does double app still work? 

VS=Visa Signature

WEMC=World Elite Mastercard

P.S. This is not an application, just seeking preferences and the reasoning.

Just as I did in a way. You can combine the 2 VS's to Venture. Apply for the QS WEMC. Wait 6 months and combine the QS MC to the WEMC.  The QS WEMC logo is on the front and its cool looking.Thats my plan once my QS WEMC turns 6 months old. Combine the MC's. And like CLI's. Apping/CLI's is 6 months apart aside for 90 days for new account CLI's. VS's are gone from Cap1's website. It's all WEMC, Plat, or Business perks.

Message 15 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

RE: Capital one cards

I have three cards atm. Quicksilver MC, Quicksilver VS, and Venture VS. 

I was wondering If I combine them and apply to get a WEMC, which would be better, the Venture or Quicksilver, displaying the logo of WEMC? Benefits are slightly better on the WEMC for hotels I have read, with 2 ppl having free breakfast compared to the VS, just for that person and a $100 credit versus VS with a $25 credit. The Venture is already one of my sexiest cards as VS. I was thinking the WEMC should go to the quicksilver.

Anyone say different?

Basically, WEMC for Venture or WEMC for Quicksilver? Knowing whatever you choose the other will be VS.

Does double app still work? 

VS=Visa Signature

WEMC=World Elite Mastercard

P.S. This is not an application, just seeking preferences and the reasoning.

Just as I did in a way. You can combine the 2 VS's to Venture. Apply for the QS WEMC. Wait 6 months and combine the QS MC to the WEMC. Like the other poster said. MC and VS cant be mixed together. The QS WEMC logo is on the front and its cool looking.Thats my plan once my QS WEMC turns 6 months old. Combine the MC's. And like CLI's. Apping/CLI's is 6 months apart aside for 90 days for new account CLI's. VS's are gone from Cap1's website. It's all WEMC, Plat, or Business perks.

This thread is actually quite old, but just to clarify you can combine a MasterCard with a Visa (or vice versa)... anytime either of mine are PIF I have the option, and others have reported having no problems with this, either. 

Message 16 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry didnt look at the OP post time frame. I also found a post I made and totally forgot I did combine a MC/Visa. Oh well. Post above was edited. I'll just stay a reader.

Message 17 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sorry didnt look at the OP post time frame. I also found a post I made and totally forgot I did combine a MC/Visa. Oh well. Post above was edited. I'll just stay a reader.

No worries!  Smiley Happy

There's so much to remember (and things are always changing) it's easy to occasionally get things crossed up... that's part of the huge value in posting - we get to help each other keep things sorted! 

Please don't just be a reader... we're best when everybody contributes!  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.