Regular Contributor
cgreer72

CapitalOne denial

I opened a SC with CapitalOne in late March. A week or so ago I went headed and applied online for an unsecured card with them as well, just to see what happens. I was denied. I received my letter in the mail today explaining why I was denied. It reads: there is a currently pending or recently processed application with CapitalOne. Whats the

rule(s) on this?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: CapitalOne denial

you cannot apply for another capital one card for 45 days after you either were approved for a different card or apped and denied for one.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
cgreer72

Got it! Thanks!!

Established Contributor
JayRizzo

[ Edited ]

Yes, LS is correct!  You must wait 45 (I usually tell people to wait about 47 days) between applications.  Since you had a Secured Card, the date is actually the Opening Date when your funds posted on the SC, not the actual date of Applying Online.  Double-check with a Senior Account Manager on their application policy -- I might be wrong about that, but for now, start the clock all over again and wait 47-days because they count from your last Applicaiton Attempt. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+