Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne "good useage" CLI

tag
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Re: CapitalOne "good useage" CLI

By the time you can get a prime card, you are just better off getting it elsewhere if at all possible.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 21 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

By the time you can get a prime card, you are just better off getting it elsewhere if at all possible.

I would like a VentureCard or the Green Cash Rewards one, they are nice.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

I have heard that once you get a 'prime cap one' venture and green, the customer service is better. Not sure how accurate that is.

Message 23 of 31
SenorDragon
Valued Member

@CS800 wrote:

I have heard that once you get a 'prime cap one' venture and green, the customer service is better. Not sure how accurate that is.

I had a starter card with them for years (now closed) and I got the green card about two months ago, and their customer service seems to be better. Granted, I haven't had to deal with them extensively thus far.

Message 24 of 31
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

I can tell you it's NO better  you talk to the same Peggy you talked to when you had the subprime card. I speak from experience here.

Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 25 of 31
chan85
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Just had a nice 15 min. convo with a Sr. Acct. Esc. CSR:

-The No Hassle Cash rewards card for average credit has one step increase and it is manually reviewed by CapOne every 6-12 months thereafter.

-You CAN request CLI's whenever you like. These are SP's.  However they do not manually review your request of you are denied, they simply mail you a letter.

- The card has a ceiling of 3K. Once this is reached, you cannot go any futher.

-After holding the card with excellent payment history and usage for at least 2-3 yrs, they will offer you an upgrade to one of their prime cards, it is your decision wether to take it or not.

The problem hasn't been ASKING for a CLI, they let you call and ask all the time, the problem is GETTING a CLI when you ask!! If they sent me a letter and it said I was denied because of high balances, short credit history, etc, then I would believe them. They send a letter basically saying when you ask we don't comply because they are not granting customer requested increases.... I get that it's their policy, but COME ON! Don't kill the tree for the paper or waste a stamp to send me that!! Just say no on the phone!

But if the rest of the things he said, such as about manual reviews and upgrades after several years (which I can believe since they upped mine from $500->$750 (my one credit step)-> $2250 in just over a year), there is a small grain of hope in all this for me.....

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 26 of 31
Gollum
Established Contributor

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

I can tell you it's NO better  you talk to the same Peggy you talked to when you had the subprime card. I speak from experience here.

Your reply lacks attribution.

To whom you are replying is unknown.

In the future (for this WWW forum) click the "Reply" button in the lower-right corner, then click the "Quote" button before typing your reply.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 27 of 31
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

In the future (for this WWW forum) click the "Reply" button in the lower-right corner, then click the "Quote" button before typing your reply.

I'm replying to everyone who thinks the CS on the prime cards is better - it isn't. When I call, I get the same "Peggy" people I got with their subprime cards, who go into 5 minute long monologues that are unrelated to what you asked them about and filled with lies (for example when I called asking why days after my payment cleared my available credit still hasn't gone back up "Peggy" told me that by making 2 payments, I slowed their computer down).

So you get the same exact bozos you got with their subprime cards, which is just ONE of the many reasons I've sock-drawered this card and it will be closed when I find it convenient to do so and not used anymore.

Message 28 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I removed a post (plus a reply that quoted it) which added nothing positive or useful to the discussion. Sharing experiences of Cap One's CS is relevant; preaching to fellow members is not.

As for the quoting bit (assuming that you're referencing the post I made), I specifically said that we encourage the use of the quote button to clarify which post is being replied to. It's the unnecessary quoting of the last dozen posts bit that we're asking people to stop doing.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gollum wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

I read the entire Thread and I knew exactly what this Member was referring to.

It's nice to give Members advice, but no need to TELL Members what to do.

Just sayin.........

To add to this Thread, Crap1 is Crap1, no matter how you spin it, the "canned responses" we all get is annoying and unprofessional IMO.

That's as far in depth as I'll go, as most of you already know my feelings regarding Crap1.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.