Did you mean: 

Capitalone Upgrade Sucess! Platinum to Quicksilver

tag
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capitalone Upgrade Sucess! Platinum to Quicksilver

@CelticLady wrote:

Gratz on the upgrade!

When you request a PC or CLI via chat is it a SP? I have some cards I want to PC but don't want to add any inquiries right now.

How about when you got eh EO route?

Yes, it is a soft pull for a PC (they specifically mention that on online chat when you ask about a PC). Not sure about the CLI, but I know mine was a SP when I went through the EO last year.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 21 of 30
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@CelticLady wrote:

Gratz on the upgrade!

When you request a PC or CLI via chat is it a SP? I have some cards I want to PC but don't want to add any inquiries right now.

How about when you got eh EO route?

Yes, it is a soft pull for a PC (they specifically mention that on online chat when you ask about a PC). Not sure about the CLI, but I know mine was a SP when I went through the EO last year.

Thank you for the response. I may see about doing this sooner rather than later now.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 22 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@DB117 wrote:

Hello everyone this is my first post so I'm very excited lol Anyways I have had my Capitalone platinum card for 2 months now.Just this past weekend I applied for a capitalone quicksilverone card and got approved. So I thought to myself why not go ahead and chat with a representative online about getting my platinum card  upgraded. It took the rep 2 min. to look at my account and tell me I was approved!  Hope this helps anyone that is stuck with there non-rewards capitalone cards.Good Luck.

Congrats I your upgrade 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 23 of 30
maksimfa
Contributor

I actually think the quicksilver looks awesome, my wife agrees. 

It is a great all around card with the 1.5 cash back.... However the card is out of my wallet as soon as my marriott card comes. 

Amex blue cash and be bcp are great cards if you can get, and partner them with a good miles or hotels card, and goes a long way.

Message 24 of 30
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

I got an e-mail from Capital One (I did not initiate anything) on January 21st about my Capital One Platinum Mastercard, stating that I am eligible for that account to PC..become Quiksilver 1.5% cash back..I had this account since April 2012. .

I thought, what the heck and accepted it. I wonder if Capital One is accepting everyone to Quiksilver these days. They are inviting current cardholders into this.

In online account page, it is still showing ''Platinum Mastercard'' but the picture is a ''Quiksilver picture''.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 25 of 30
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

I got an e-mail from Capital One (I did not initiate anything) on January 21st about my Capital One Platinum Mastercard, stating that I am eligible for that account to PC..become Quiksilver 1.5% cash back..I had this account since April 2012. .

I thought, what the heck and accepted it. I wonder if Capital One is accepting everyone to Quiksilver these days. They are inviting current cardholders into this.

In online account page, it is still showing ''Platinum Mastercard'' but the picture is a ''Quiksilver picture''.

Mine did the same. It will change after a few days (you will also get email notfication of new documents if you are enrolled in paperless). This is how I found out that mine is now a WMC.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 26 of 30
DB117
Established Member

I was wondering something I know the regular quicksilver is visa signature but is the QuicksilverOne a World mastercard or just plain mastercard? Or does it depend on an individuals account with them? 

Starting Score: 12/13/13: TU 540
Current Score: 02/25/14 EX 615 EQ 612 TU 640
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 30
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Hmm. I personally kind of like it. Not embossed, sleek looking kinda, almost like a sapphire... But to each his own. 

@Stralem wrote:

Speaking of the Quicksilver, I PCd from a Journey and just got the new card in the mail today.

My first impression?

Oh my god, it's f***ing CARDBOARD.

I'll never speak ill of the transparent Amex card again. Those things are works of arts compared to the Quiksilver.

0/10, Capital One.

0/10.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 28 of 30
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@ Stralem

Speaking of the Quicksilver, I PCd from a Journey and just got the new card in the mail today.

My first impression?

Oh my god, it's f***ing CARDBOARD

I was very afraid before getting this card. (and after reading this post earlier)

Actually, just got this card now and it is not so bad.

At least it is different, unique, sleek and not the ''usual card stuff with raised numbers''that any tom-dick-and-harry card is-!!!!

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 29 of 30
shadesrulz

Thanks to this thread I also got upgraded to Quicksilver from Platinum.

However I've a question here.

Will I get the 100$ sigunup bonus as well?? People who've recently been upgraded can comment.

Thanks.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.