Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalone Upgrade Sucess! Platinum to Quicksilver

tag
DB117
Established Member

Re: Capitalone Upgrade Sucess! Platinum to Quicksilver

@ tooothgrind3r: It doesnt hurt to ask for it. I would definitely try again the worst they can do is say no. I dont think they look for any other offers I believe they just go in and check for whatever you ask them too but I am not sure. Just make sure your utilization is low on your current card just to be on the safe side! Good Luck to you!

Starting Score: 12/13/13: TU 540
Current Score: 02/25/14 EX 615 EQ 612 TU 640
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 30
DB117
Established Member

Re: Capitalone Upgrade Success! Platinum to Quicksilver

The person on the chat said my replacement card would arrive in 7-10 business days. But, even though you dont have the card your account should already be able to accumulate rewards if I understood the Rep currectly.

Message 13 of 30
DB117
Established Member

@ SHOCK_How have they been with credit limit incresses before they matched it to your CITI card? And were you ever in the credit steps program? Just wondering because I keep hearing they are really sting with CLI.

Message 14 of 30
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Just saw this post and decided to give it a try... had about a 5 minute online chat, and was given the option to change my 12 year old plain old platinum to either a venture one card or quick silver world mastercard.  Grabbed the quicksilver world mastercard... painless process.

Message 15 of 30
Stralem
Established Contributor

Speaking of the Quicksilver, I PCd from a Journey and just got the new card in the mail today.

My first impression?

Oh my god, it's f***ing CARDBOARD.

I'll never speak ill of the transparent Amex card again. Those things are works of arts compared to the Quiksilver.

0/10, Capital One.

0/10.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 16 of 30
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@DB117 wrote:

@ SHOCK_How have they been with credit limit incresses before they matched it to your CITI card? And were you ever in the credit steps program? Just wondering because I keep hearing they are really sting with CLI.

Nope. Never in credit steps. I never even knew I had the card until a year and a half later. It reported a 0 balance and I never every swiped once to activate or anything. It's because i got the 7-10 day message and I assumed I was denied.

But I had a 500 dollar limit until 8/2013. I wasn't eligible for any upgrades via the card match on Capital One website. Did Online Chat anyways, and to my surprise, was upgraded to a Quicksilver with no annual fee. I asked for a CLI, and the person directed me to the luv button. Instant approval to 1000. 

Two months later, I contact them thru Facebook and they say they cant do anything. So I put some spend thru it and try again. The EO contacts me, and puts it through manual review, and upped it to 1500. Then they matched my limit for 3k this month.

EO is the way to go if you want anything done. Honestly, I feel that frontline CSR reps can do nothing for you. Go through EO, retention, or backdoor for anything no matter who the lender is. 

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 17 of 30
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Grats on the upgrade and welcome aboard! Smiley Very Happy

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 18 of 30
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

Gratz on the upgrade!

When you request a PC or CLI via chat is it a SP? I have some cards I want to PC but don't want to add any inquiries right now.

How about when you got eh EO route?

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 19 of 30
RockySC
Established Member

Just to update on my post from earlier today - my Quicksilver card showed up in the mail today.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.